Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 24, 2014 - 10:27pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Clean up in aisle 10
PostPosted: August, 20, 2006 - 10:43pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Hey dudes,

I just got finished going through a thread and deleting a bunch of garbage. Anyway, lets try not to attack eachother, or else that question up there next to Jacquo will be answered with a "yes."

I've also noticed an over abundance of one liners throughout threads. I'll admit, I'm terribly guilty of that myself, but let's try not to just type anything for the sake of writing it. If someone posts a funnyvideo or something and your response is "hahah" well, I suppose that is fine because at least it shows you enjoyed it. But lets keep things like random movie quotes in it's particular thread.

And speaking of keeping things in threads, Dante brought up a pretty good point recently. We really go off topic a lot in these threads. Let's try to stick to topic from now.

Thanks a bunch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 20, 2006 - 10:50pm 
Purple Heart

haha

just kidding but i am guilty of just posting movie lines sicne i did one earlier today too

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 20, 2006 - 11:28pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Yea I was putting up alot of batman lines. But hey I was drunk so i didnt know what the hell I was doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 1:46am 
The Bearer of Truths

THere's a lot of other things wrong with these forums also

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 6:44am 
THE GENERAL

Dante369 wrote:
THere's a lot of other things wrong with these forums also

well please let us know so we can see what we can do

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 2:52pm 
The Bearer of Truths

The main problem, to me, is the lack of members. There's not enough people here. It's moslty you guys and your friends in real life. Because there's not a lot of people everything here is about what you guys like and you mostly like the same thing. For example, your extreme love for nintendo, wrestling, and go to the sports section what do you see, just philadelphia teams. You guys just need to bring a bigger audience here so there's some diversity. This forum seems like a place where Phil and his real friends just talk about stuff they're interested in, it's not really a public, open, forum. And most of the time when there's a thread made by someone outside of the real life friends group, it just dies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 2:56pm 
THE GENERAL

Dante369 wrote:
The main problem, to me, is the lack of members. There's not enough people here. It's moslty you guys and your friends in real life. Because there's not a lot of people everything here is about what you guys like and you mostly like the same thing. For example, your extreme love for nintendo, wrestling, and go to the sports section what do you see, just philadelphia teams. You guys just need to bring a bigger audience here so there's some diversity. This forum seems like a place where Phil and his real friends just talk about stuff they're interested in, it's not really a public, open, forum.

oh yeah well if thats the only other problem you see then yes of course we know this. as the actual site gets more popular, which takes time, then the forums will also get more popular. for right now of course most people that know about the site and come here know phil somehow.

advertising and marketing to other audiences besides people who are connected to the creators personally and having that staying power to keep them coming back is a hard thing to do in any business.

phil is trying though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 3:08pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Yeah, I think I've brought up that fact like a million times already. Any time I diverge from the majority consensus, I get reamed. Then when I retaliate, I become the ?asshole?. Am I an asshole?! Do I look like an asshole?!

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 3:15pm 
THE GENERAL

I think people take things to heart too much.
If someone says I dont like this movie, I have every right to defend myself and say well I do like it because <insert reason> without making fun of the person or calling them names or anything like that.
Any time I defend something I like or question why someone likes a certain thing, it turns into a fight. Or if I simply give my opinion on something, someone always comes back yelling at me and I never know why.
Ok, so by someone I mean Tu because he seems to like to get sarcastic every time I question him or think differently. and he's gonna say i do it to him but i'll go back and find the posts that i mean if i didnt delete them already.

so then if no one interacts with each others posts then its just one post after another and it could be boring after a while.
you dont know how many times i thought of closing or just stopping myself from posting in the CD thread because no one else cared. but then it gets like 6 posts one day and then nothing again for like weeks.

i hope this post is allowed and doesnt get deleted like other argument type posts.
oh well, you cant win em all.

And Phil since I have slight OCD I edited the topic so aisle was spelled right. hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 3:24pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Hey, it's cool if people don't agree with me but people here tend to call me names such as "idiot", "wrong", or "don't know what I'm talking about". When I start getting personal attacks for my difference of opinions, what do you want me to do? Sit back and take it? Fuck that shit. If people can't be civil towards me, I'm not going to be civil.

I think you're also carrying the wrestling and O&A posts Manfre. If you left for a month, I think they'd die too.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 3:54pm 
Artist of Life

Me and Thark would carry on the wrestling thread if he went on vacation...

Post subject: Re: Clean up in aisle 10
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 5:39pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Phil wrote:
Anyway, lets try not to attack eachother, or else that question up there next to Jacquo will be answered with a "yes."

What does that mean?

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 5:48pm 
Peepers Peeled

that is true that themajority of the site's traffic are people who know each other in RL. but that was how the original shamoozal began i dont remeber how many years ago. it was a place where phil posted all his jokes to his buddies, and eventually became a site with articles and sometimes a few shorts.

dante, i do think you're off base on a few things. 1) we aren't a bunch of nintendo fanboys. phil owns every system, and just about everyone on here plays video games on all the other platforms from the PS2 to the 360.

i dont know where you live, so why don't you start a thread about whatever sport is popular in your area? i sure someone on here will have something to say about. i guess what it comes down to is what do you want to talk about and start your own thread.

the shamoozal is in its infant stage. we're working hard to build it up and add content as often as we can. we have several shorts in various stages of production and are nearing the record date of our third podcast. we're glad you're here to voice your opinion and for taking part in our community.

ok i've gotta get back to work befor my boss slays me :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 6:39pm 
Artist of Life

Well I guess he can't do that now since the Sports forum is INVITE ONLY...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 21, 2006 - 7:17pm 
Shamoozal Vet

JW_Number_ONE wrote:
Me and Thark would carry on the wrestling thread if he went on vacation...

That we could. I only post in things that I care about, or have something to get off my chest. I think that's why I like this forum. It has a variety of things that I am nutzo about (such as Transformers the Movie, or some video games, or WWE), yet there is so much on here for everyone else, so I don't feel like I hog conversations.

As far as jumping on people goes, I don't really do that, because honestly, I have never met any of you in real life before. 8)

I find it sad that people choose to do that on these boards every now and then.

- Thark

Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September, 4, 2006 - 5:00pm 
Wheelie

imfuraisoth wrote:
Hey, it's cool if people don't agree with me but people here tend to call me names such as "idiot", "wrong", or "[ignorant]".

I've never labeled you as such because of a difference in opinion.