Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 24, 2014 - 4:26am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: June, 26, 2011 - 1:11am 
Offline
Purple Heart
User avatar

Joined: October, 1, 2006 - 4:10pm
Posts: 8983
Location: Canada
I loved the first 2 books and most of the third. I wasn't too big on how that series ended though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: November, 17, 2011 - 5:42pm 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
I'm still reading Ozzy's book I AM OZZY.
Its fuckin insane man. They were living the rock star life back in the day which is why Ozzy sounds like a retard now.

There's this one story where they're all doing coke at someone's house. They were actually getting viles and viles of coke shipped to them secretly. They were like mobsters with secret shipments coming in, viles with wax around them to hide it. So Ozzy and their roadie are doing coke and smoking weed. Ozzy gets the sweats and tries to work the AC but he never used it before. Next thing he knows he hears sirens. The other guys in the band run out of the house and leave Ozzy and the roadie behind. The cops start knocking at the door and they lock themselves in the bathroom. They try to flush the weed (its a lot) and it clogs the toilet and it starts to overflow. They have so much coke and don't want to go to prison so they pour it on the floor and start snorting it all. It probably would have killed them if they finished it. They forget about the maid and she answers the door. They are actually getting nosebleeds from snorting so much coke. Then they stay quiet and hear the cop say someone pushed the emergency alert system on the wall next to the AC thermostat, its happens all the time. And the cops leave. Ozzy blames their drummer Bill.

Its great man. The Kindle says I'm only 35% done so I'm sure plenty more stories are in there. Its just at the beginning of Sabbath's popularity in the States.

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: December, 1, 2011 - 12:04am 
Offline
Artist of Life
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 8:11pm
Posts: 10857
Location: South Jersey
Johnny Manf wrote:
I'm still reading Ozzy's book I AM OZZY.
Its fuckin insane man. They were living the rock star life back in the day which is why Ozzy sounds like a retard now.

There's this one story where they're all doing coke at someone's house. They were actually getting viles and viles of coke shipped to them secretly. They were like mobsters with secret shipments coming in, viles with wax around them to hide it. So Ozzy and their roadie are doing coke and smoking weed. Ozzy gets the sweats and tries to work the AC but he never used it before. Next thing he knows he hears sirens. The other guys in the band run out of the house and leave Ozzy and the roadie behind. The cops start knocking at the door and they lock themselves in the bathroom. They try to flush the weed (its a lot) and it clogs the toilet and it starts to overflow. They have so much coke and don't want to go to prison so they pour it on the floor and start snorting it all. It probably would have killed them if they finished it. They forget about the maid and she answers the door. They are actually getting nosebleeds from snorting so much coke. Then they stay quiet and hear the cop say someone pushed the emergency alert system on the wall next to the AC thermostat, its happens all the time. And the cops leave. Ozzy blames their drummer Bill.

Its great man. The Kindle says I'm only 35% done so I'm sure plenty more stories are in there. Its just at the beginning of Sabbath's popularity in the States.



HAAHAHAAH! MUST READ!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 4, 2012 - 1:58am 
Offline
Jobs
User avatar

Joined: September, 9, 2005 - 12:08pm
Posts: 10353
A Dance with Dragons. Took a break from gaming and whatnot to sit down and dig into this tonight. After a couple hours of reading I'm already about 130 pages in. Digging it, good to see some friendly faces back in action.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 4, 2012 - 2:48am 
Offline
The Bearer of Truths
User avatar

Joined: May, 21, 2006 - 6:30pm
Posts: 12550
Steve wrote:
A Dance with Dragons. Took a break from gaming and whatnot to sit down and dig into this tonight. After a couple hours of reading I'm already about 130 pages in. Digging it, good to see some friendly faces back in action.

This warms my cold heart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 9, 2012 - 5:22pm 
Offline
Jobs
User avatar

Joined: September, 9, 2005 - 12:08pm
Posts: 10353
I have about 200 pages left in DWD... its picking up and I'm liking it much more than FFC.

HOWEVER, some good shit better happen with Daenerys soon. She flew a dragon last night but its going to take a hell of a lot more than that to get me interested in her story.

Also, the Ironmen and the Dornish story lines puts me to sleep in a second. I could really do without those chapters.

Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Reek, Jaime, Beth the Blind... all great. The rest is getting a little stale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 9, 2012 - 5:26pm 
Offline
The Bearer of Truths
User avatar

Joined: May, 21, 2006 - 6:30pm
Posts: 12550
Steve wrote:
I have about 200 pages left in DWD... its picking up and I'm liking it much more than FFC.

HOWEVER, some good shit better happen with Daenerys soon. She flew a dragon last night but its going to take a hell of a lot more than that to get me interested in her story.

Also, the Ironmen and the Dornish story lines puts me to sleep in a second. I could really do without those chapters.

Tyrion, Jon, Bran, Reek, Jaime, Beth the Blind... all great. The rest is getting a little stale.

There's a ASOIAF thread btw :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 9, 2012 - 5:27pm 
Offline
Jobs
User avatar

Joined: September, 9, 2005 - 12:08pm
Posts: 10353
staying out of there until I finish the book. Then Ill be in full force.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 30, 2012 - 10:23am 
Offline
Jobs
User avatar

Joined: September, 9, 2005 - 12:08pm
Posts: 10353
I started reading The Hobbit to my daughter last night. Shes a good reader, but I think she would struggle with this a bit. So I'm just going to read it in 20 page increments each night. Its only 300 pages or so, not too long.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: February, 25, 2012 - 11:04am 
Offline
Shamoozal Vet
User avatar

Joined: February, 12, 2006 - 2:04am
Posts: 4682
Location: Chikity China
Just finished the 19-book Yuuzhan Vong saga in Star Wars, and picked up some other good reads as of late.

11/22/63 by Stephen King. Pretty cool so far. Guy travels back to the same day over and over again back in 1958, and tries to get to the point where he can stop the JFK assassination.

Ready Player One by Ernest Cline is another good read. A man gets trapped in an MMO where it becomes real life, real quick. Cool shit for a gamer to read.

_________________
Elaine: Well, how am I gonna know what movies to see?
Video store employee: We have a wide variety of Thark Picks.
Elaine: Thark's trash.
Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: March, 28, 2012 - 7:18am 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
Started BELUSHI by Judith Belushi Pisano which is just a biography of John Belushi.
It styled in the same way as the book The Chris Farley Show. Interviews with everyone who knew him and then little paragraphs from various people on each page which deals with a different topic. Only about 20 pages in right now. Lots of pictures. Good stuff.

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: April, 9, 2012 - 2:31am 
Offline
Shamoozal Vet
User avatar

Joined: February, 12, 2006 - 2:04am
Posts: 4682
Location: Chikity China
Finished 11/22/63. Loved this book.

Halfway through Ready Player One. Love the references all throughout.

Also reading Moonwalking with Einstein, and getting into The Hunger Games Trilogy.

_________________
Elaine: Well, how am I gonna know what movies to see?
Video store employee: We have a wide variety of Thark Picks.
Elaine: Thark's trash.
Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: July, 11, 2012 - 8:25am 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
I have a list of books I want to read and I randomly picked one since I just finished the John Belushi biography.
Landed on Brock Lesnar's book Death Clutch.
So far I'm a few chapters in. Still in his college years of whooping ass in amateur wrestling.
The book starts with his revenge against Frank Mir in the UFC and then his illness. So its one of those books that teases the end then goes into his whole life story. So I'm guessing its going to cover all the way up to his first stint of diverticulitis.

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: August, 13, 2012 - 1:19pm 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
I wanted to try something new after finishing my last book. I usually read biographies and shit like that.
I'm not into fiction. I get my fiction from movies. But I heard Michael Showalter's book was really weird.
Not really fiction and not a biography. Just weird.

In case you don't know he's one of the dudes from The State, Stella, Wet Hot American Summer, etc.
The book is ridiculous. Sometimes its tough to read because of its absurdity. But some of it is pretty damn funny.
Kindle says I'm 40% into it. And its just so random. As would be expected.

Image

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 10, 2012 - 8:04am 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
I started reading Life After Death by Damien Echols. He's one of the West Memphis Three. He wrote most of the book while in prison but finished it up when he was finally released. So far its very well written and pretty shocking. And I'm only about 5% into it so says the Kindle. Look forward to some crazy stories.

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: November, 4, 2012 - 11:37pm 
Offline
Jobs
User avatar

Joined: September, 9, 2005 - 12:08pm
Posts: 10353
Johnny Manf wrote:
I started reading Life After Death by Damien Echols. He's one of the West Memphis Three. He wrote most of the book while in prison but finished it up when he was finally released. So far its very well written and pretty shocking. And I'm only about 5% into it so says the Kindle. Look forward to some crazy stories.


I'd be interested to read that, I'll add it to my list. Reading "Wise Man's Fear" right now which is the sequel to "The Name of the Wind" by Patrick Rothfuss. Really good, I love this guy's style... probably even more than R.R. Martin's.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: December, 4, 2012 - 7:42am 
Offline
Private Zoink

Joined: October, 21, 2012 - 2:40am
Posts: 10
i am reading the duchess of malfi by john webster :) and i like the way it has been presented.
how the duchess is forced by her brothers not to remarry as she is a widow and when she does remarry what are the threats and sacrifices she is made to do. i like the way the duchess is shown very determined and resolute. it is a complete tragedy :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: December, 4, 2012 - 3:42pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Legend
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 10:44pm
Posts: 22253
Location: New Mexico
Dude, this bot is amazing..

_________________
"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: December, 4, 2012 - 4:18pm 
Offline
Artist of Life
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 8:11pm
Posts: 10857
Location: South Jersey
Russell Casse wrote:
Dude, this bot is amazing..


The oops killed me... hahahaha

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: January, 2, 2013 - 11:39am 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28684
Location: National Park, NJ
Johnny Manf wrote:
I started reading Life After Death by Damien Echols. He's one of the West Memphis Three. He wrote most of the book while in prison but finished it up when he was finally released. So far its very well written and pretty shocking. And I'm only about 5% into it so says the Kindle. Look forward to some crazy stories.

I only got about 10% into the book I mentioned above. I started playing games on my phone while sitting on the bowl instead of reading. But for Christmas my wife got me 'The Big Lebowski: An Illustrated, Annotated History of the Greatest Cult Film of All Time' and it seems like a fun book so I've been perusing it a lot lately. Its pretty goddamn cool. I'll get back to Damien Echols' book eventually but I needed something fun first.

Image

http://www.amazon.com/Big-Lebowski-Illu ... owski+book

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 13, 2013 - 10:39am 
Offline
Shamoozal Warrior
User avatar

Joined: June, 30, 2005 - 6:29pm
Posts: 10618
Location: Chicago, IL
I started reading the Disaster Artist yesterday, the book about The Room. I'm a few chapters in, so many funny Tommy stories so far.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 13, 2013 - 3:56pm 
Offline
High School Bully
User avatar

Joined: June, 3, 2005 - 9:23pm
Posts: 31322
Location: New Jersey
Awesome. I've been wanting to check it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 13, 2013 - 4:38pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Warrior
User avatar

Joined: June, 30, 2005 - 6:29pm
Posts: 10618
Location: Chicago, IL
I found a copy online and threw it on my Kindle.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 14, 2013 - 3:08pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Warrior
User avatar

Joined: June, 30, 2005 - 6:29pm
Posts: 10618
Location: Chicago, IL
Tommy is a menace, the stories from the set are pretty good. The story of them shooting the I DID NOT HIT HER I DID NAAAT, oh hi mark, scene is hilarious. They said those 7 seconds took 4 hours to shoot hahaha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What are you reading?
PostPosted: October, 14, 2013 - 3:09pm 
Offline
High School Bully
User avatar

Joined: June, 3, 2005 - 9:23pm
Posts: 31322
Location: New Jersey
HAHAHAAHAH that means there is so much footage from that scene.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group