Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 23, 2014 - 9:05am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Going to be a Dad
PostPosted: July, 30, 2012 - 2:04pm 
THE GENERAL

My wife actually gets to stay home until the week of Thanksgiving.
But her pay goes down more and more the longer she stays out. Its 80% now then it goes to 60%. In fact, she gets no pay the last 2 weeks but she wants to take it anyway. We were ready for it and have a lot in savings though. We're lucky enough to have my Mom to watch the kid when my wife goes back. Mandy works from home twice a week and I work half days Friday. So my mom only has to watch him 2 and a half days a week.

PostPosted: July, 30, 2012 - 4:47pm 
Peepers Peeled

Russell Casse wrote:
How old is she now? I can't believe she's already going to day care. You gotta do what you gotta do.

she's three months old. amanda had to go back to work today so off to day care with the baby. i have ot go pick the kids up now so off i go.

PostPosted: July, 30, 2012 - 5:53pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

We were going to put our kid in daycare at 6 weeks but my mom takes him instead. We pay her almost the same as day care would run, but its nice for him to have the one on one contact.

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 1:58pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

i just read that 90% of births are accompanied by accidental poos. is this true???

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 2:00pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I don't know about 90% but I think it happens a good deal. Didn't happen for my wife though. Thank goodness.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 2:17pm 
THE GENERAL

IratePrimate wrote:
i just read that 90% of births are accompanied by accidental poos. is this true???

The woman pooping? Yeah that is true but my wife didn't either.
All that pushing, what do you expect? haha

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 2:30pm 
Peepers Peeled

the pooping is totally true. i dont think my wife did when she delivered naomi, but its completely understandable why when you see whats going on. basically everything is flying out everywhere. there was blood literally on the walls across the room. i have no idea how it got there.

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 2:36pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

so disgusting.

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 2:38pm 
THE GENERAL

After the baby came out, the doctor clamped the umbilical cord and cut it. Well a clamp came off and blood starting shooting out like a loose fire hose.
Sprayed all over the nurse and doctor. I witnessed it happen and so did my wife. She couldnt see why blood was shooting out though. She asked the doctor and he just said "everything's fine".

After it was all over, it looked like a finished scene from a horror movie. Someone actually came in and mopped up the blood.

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 3:15pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

ahahahaha! o man. i cant imagine how freaked i woudl be if i saw blood spewing out of me and the doctor was just like "everythings fine"

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 9:52pm 
Peepers Peeled

funny thing is the doctor probably thought it was hilarious. there's no reason for me to think that other than why not?

PostPosted: August, 9, 2012 - 11:29pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

i feel bad for the person who has to mop it all up..

PostPosted: August, 10, 2012 - 6:46pm 
Purple Heart

Johnny Manf wrote:
After the baby came out, the doctor clamped the umbilical cord and cut it. Well a clamp came off and blood starting shooting out like a loose fire hose.
Sprayed all over the nurse and doctor. I witnessed it happen and so did my wife. She couldnt see why blood was shooting out though. She asked the doctor and he just said "everything's fine".

After it was all over, it looked like a finished scene from a horror movie. Someone actually came in and mopped up the blood.

I'm leaving this thread, and never coming back.

PostPosted: August, 20, 2012 - 9:36am 
Shamoozal Vet

phantomspiker wrote:
Johnny Manf wrote:

I'm leaving this thread, and never coming back.

Aww spiker, what would your mom think if you never came back?

Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 12:38pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I'll move the baby talk into here.

So we have taken the baby to see the pediatrician multiple times and she just prescribes hydrocoritsone. There's not much else we can do. We just have to wait and let him heal and try not to let him scratch and rub at it. I wish he wasn't so damn allergic. I suggested taking him to go see an allergist but Emily tells me they tell you pretty much nothing relevant which I don't really get. Anything is better than nothing right? But I suppose she would know more than me.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 12:52pm 
THE GENERAL

We already had out first trip to the doctor.
Jack was getting a really bad diaper rash. Like it was looking BAAAAAAD! Looked like his skinned his whole ass crack and butt hole on concrete.
My wife called and they said stop using wipes because maybe he's having a reaction to them, just wet a cloth and wipe him, then let him air dry then use Triple Paste in his crack. After a few days it should be gone. Nope. Called back after a few days, they said maybe its a yeast rash, had to use Lotrimin along with the Triple Paste. After a few days it should be gone. NOPE! So finally they tell us to come in to the office. They look at it and agree its pretty bad. But its not a yeast rash and we dont have to stay away from the wipes anymore, thank God. They prescribed an antibiotc cream and they said it would only take a few days to go away. A week later, its ALMOST gone. I wish they just called us in to the office right away because he's had some painful shits while they were guessing over the phone what it could be.

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 12:55pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Man, babies. They have so many problems!

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 1:35pm 
High School Bully

THat sucks man. I feel like a lot of times the docs themselves don't really know what to do either. I feel like a lot of times they guess. In the case of Celeste's rash I've been pissed off at them actually. All they say is "Yeah it'll go away." and yet she just keeps blowing up. Very curious to see what the allergist does, if anything.

John do you normally use something on Jack's butt after changing a diaper? The girls were getting bad rashes at the start too. After we got it under control the first time we started using A&D Ointment after nearly every single change, even after just pee diapers. We still use it today.

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 1:43pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Phil wrote:
THat sucks man. I feel like a lot of times the docs themselves don't really know what to do either. I feel like a lot of times they guess. In the case of Celeste's rash I've been pissed off at them actually. All they say is "Yeah it'll go away." and yet she just keeps blowing up. Very curious to see what the allergist does, if anything.

That's exactly what our doctor said. "It will just go away".

And your feels about doctors just guessing is scarily more accurate than you think. Word from the source. It's not always their fault either. A lot of times, there really isn't much they can do and you really just have to wait it out.

PostPosted: August, 27, 2012 - 1:48pm 
THE GENERAL

Phil wrote:

John do you normally use something on Jack's butt after changing a diaper? The girls were getting bad rashes at the start too. After we got it under control the first time we started using A&D Ointment after nearly every single change, even after just pee diapers. We still use it today.

Yeah we never just put him back in a new diaper dry. We used something with D at first. Can't think of it right now. I guess that wasnt working.
But now they just said use Triple Paste all the time instead. So we do it with every change. And the antibiotic 3 changes a day.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2012 - 7:29am 
Purple Heart

i got a rash man

PostPosted: August, 28, 2012 - 7:36am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Desitin, Bobby had a ridiculous rash for almost a month that just wouldn't go away. It ended up being a Yeast rash and Lotrimin worked. Cleared up in 4 days. Who woulda thunk putting Atheletes foot cream on your kids butt would do something positive.

PostPosted: September, 1, 2012 - 8:20pm 
Shamoozal Vet

We use Caldesene Powder. Shit works for real.

My son is now a little over 3 months old. My wife is with him in the Philippines while I get settled in to a new job. It's cool Skyping with him as he just stares right at the computer lookin at me, but man I miss him. It's only been a week and a half, but man, that's a long time right now.

When we were back in the states, he got his 2 month vaccinations. However, we never got around to getting him a check up. We guessed at what his weight was until we actually weighed him on one of those fruit scales. There's a youtube out there somewhere that my cousin put up of it.

PostPosted: September, 4, 2012 - 9:18am 
High School Bully

I'm getting a shower yesterday and Dem comes to the door saying I need to hurry up and that she thought she hurt Helena. I get out and she says she was dancing with her and she thought she either hurt her wrist or her shoulder. Her arm was just hanging limp and she was crying. I told her to give her an hour and see what she does. About an hour goes by and she didn't lift her arm once. She was also crying a lot on and off. We determined we should bring her to the ER at CHOP.

We get to CHOP and Dem says "What if Helena lifts her arms once we get here?" So we take her out and Helena says "I okay" and lifts both arms up. We weren't sure what to do. Demi still wanted to bring her in just in case, where of course I was like "I think she's okay." We take her in after a short wait the Doc sees her. Turns out her elbow was dislocated, which is why she was able to raise her arm sometimes. The doc popped it in so fast, I didn't even know she did it. When she said it was her elbow she fixed it as she said it. I said "Wait you already fixed it?" She said yeah. I was pretty impressed how quick she found it and how quick she popped it back in. Helena was already crying when the Doc came in, she cried a bit louder when she popped it back in. Dem was holding her and said she felt a pop when the doc did it. Two minutes later she was fine and moving her arm all over the place.

I'm glad it was a simple fix. Still sucked that 3 hours of the holiday were spent in the ER. CHOP wasn't very busy though so it could have been way worse. Dem of course felt like shit about it for the whole day. I kinda felt like shit because I was half tempted to leave when we got there.

PostPosted: September, 4, 2012 - 10:03am 
Shamoozal Vet

Sounds like your daughter is gonna be a little Lieutenant Riggs!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 898 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 36  Next