Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently December, 19, 2014 - 11:37pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Excer-gaming Thread: Formerly the Wii Fit Thread
PostPosted: July, 19, 2012 - 3:33pm 
Peepers Peeled

today, im working on the 100 pounds of trailmix regimen.

PostPosted: July, 25, 2012 - 10:46am 
High School Bully

100 Push Ups daily is starting to get tough, I thought it would get easier! My arms and back are starting to get pretty sore. Gotta keep going.

PostPosted: July, 25, 2012 - 12:50pm 
Shamoozal Legend

haha, I completely forgot about that. I just need a piece of paper with the workout routine in front of me.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: July, 25, 2012 - 1:57pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
haha, I completely forgot about that. I just need a piece of paper with the workout routine in front of me.

I'm not doing the routine for that, just trying to do 100 push ups throughout the day, not all at once. Though I've upped the number I do per set since starting.

PostPosted: July, 25, 2012 - 2:06pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Once you're comfortable doing that, if you want to amp it up a notch, start doing the push ups with a small workout ball. Do one with the ball under your left hand, then move to both hands on the ball then move the ball to the right hand then work your way back to the left hand again. I tried doing that the other day and it was tough. I think I'm going to work that into my workout.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: August, 17, 2012 - 11:14am 
High School Bully

My exercise habits have been shit for the last week. Since I was sore from the rafting I decided not to do very much this week. Today I just started doing my push ups again. It was pretty tough to belt out the first two sets of 25. It's crazy how fast you lose it. I haven't done ANY P90X in over two weeks. Last time I tried to do Ab Ripper it broke. The girls must have scratched up the DVD. The other DVD works well enough. I want to download the AVI files and just stash them on my PS3 at some point. Maybe I'll get P90X2 as well.

I also decided I wanted to learn how to do a split, so today I started doing split training. I got this idea in my head a few weeks ago and tried it but never tried again (I also tried standing on my head, well with my hands, which was a complete failure). I saw JTRO tweet about learning how to do it, and if JTRO can do it, I can do it. I found a video on YT that has some tips and I'm pretty good at some of the stretches already, so I'm thinking this should be doable. I will do it.

PostPosted: August, 17, 2012 - 11:42am 
Shamoozal Legend

My flexibility sucks. I try to do stretches but I don't think I do it enough. It was probably best back when I was doing karate but it still sucked then too. I don't think I'd ever be able to do a split unless I'm stretching a solid 30 minutes a day for a year.

PostPosted: August, 17, 2012 - 12:07pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

yeah my flexibility is terrible. i need to take up yoga a few times a week. shit works, but man it is brutal.

PostPosted: August, 17, 2012 - 12:26pm 
Shamoozal Legend

At least you get some yoga pants in your face.

PostPosted: August, 17, 2012 - 12:51pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

true. i am so thankful of the yoga pants craze. although it makes me think of this sometimes

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 10:42am 
High School Bully

So I haven't done any exercising in maybe two months. I guess more now that I think about it. Must be going on almost three months. In Sept I stopped because i was determined to get Candy Corns 2 finished before Oct. Once October hit I was trying to move onto ROM but somehow that month just became fucking busy as shit. Didn't do any exercising then. Around the middle of the month I decided I'm just going to cut out exercising until the New Year. It's going to be hard not to eat like a pig AND there is no way I'll get ROM finished.

Now November is halfway over. I was looking at myself in the mirror this morning and I noticed my stomach looked a bit flabbier. I was actually starting to get a bit of definition in my abs and it's completely gone. I looked at my arms which were starting to change too and now they're pretty much back to normal. I tested out to see if I could do push ups anymore. I was still able to do a set of 20, but it was harder (when I first started doing all this I couldn't even do 5 push ups in a row). I haven't weighed myself either, so I put Wii Fit on and stood on the board. I only gained back four and a half pounds according to this. I guess that's not THAT bad. Still, it's enough to where I can't fit into size 31 pants anymore. I already set that pair aside with the goal of being able to get back into them in the future.

On top of all of this, I feel like fucking shit. Just garbage. I'm always in pain and I have zero energy. This is such an awful feeling.

So I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking I should force at least two days a week of exercise into my life even though I said I wouldn't start again until the New Year. I was feeling really good about myself for a while there and now it's gone. I worked over a year for that and lost almost all of it in not even three full months.

Fuck. :(

edit: Doesn't help that we had a shit ton of candy in the house since Halloween. This morning I decided I was going to eat good today. Went into our work kitchen to wash out my bowl to eat some Cheerios I brought and I noticed my boss brought in a bunch of muffins. I ate the muffin instead. I regret every single bite. :(

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 11:23am 
THE GENERAL

HAHAHA yeah man I've been bad too. Went to the gym maybe 4 times since Jack was born. And did P90X once.
So thats 4 months of possibly 5 workout days. Somehow I haven't gained any weight though. I probably lost muscle and that turned into fat. So in the long run, I added plenty of fat. And I feel pretty shitty too. Not to mention I can definitely see my gut is bigger and my chest is man tittier. hahahaha
So most of my definition is gone.

I told the wife after Thanksgiving we would at least eat a little better for a few weeks until Christmas. Probably still won't have time to workout though.
But at least I can try eating a bit healthier. It sucks for her because if I'm not trying then she isn't either. So she's still disgusted with her post-baby body even though she dropped like 30 pounds. Its not about numbers though. Its how you look and feel.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 11:46am 
High School Bully

Yeah I'm not too concerned about my weight. The whole going back into size 31 pants is kind of ridiculous. I only bought them because I was being daring and I was able to do it. I was actually maybe too thin at that point. It's only noticeable now because I was actually starting to look fit and now I'm almost back to my old self. Maybe I should try looking at the bright side of gaining some weight back and try to do more strength training and build muscles instead of just getting thinner. I need to lay off the cardio workouts. I was mainly doing all cardio when I was at the height of all this.

But yeah eating right has to happen after Thanksgiving, I agree. I've been out of control. Yesterday was awful. I had Pei Wei for lunch. Not sure if you've ever gone to one but it's a "Chinese" food chain. I say Chinese in quotes because it's even more Americanized than regular Chinese food places. Anyway you get TONS of fucking food. Whenever I have this stuff I feel like shit the rest of the day. Last night I thought I was going to have a heart attack, and in the middle of feeling that way I ate a few Keebler Elf cookies. I'm just getting out of hand.

Something has to change.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 2:21pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Man, Pei Wei's is awful. I can't believe you went there. Should have just gone to Panera bread.

I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks since everyone in the house got sick. I'm going to start going again today though but then I'll probably miss out again Thursday and Friday. I'll get back into it full swing next week. I hate it when I get sick because it just puts a complete halt in my exercising. Usually when I start getting into the swing of things, then something happens and I can't go for a week or 2.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 3:42pm 
High School Bully

Pei Wei is just as bad as Panera bread. Also thats where everyone wanted to go so that's where I went.

Also, I just ate a second muffin. I'm about to throw up on myself. It's all my fault. All of it.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 3:52pm 
THE GENERAL

Enjoy.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 4:02pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I know it's just as bad but at least it tastes 10 times better. Pei Wei is bad for you and it tastes like ass.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 4:37pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
I know it's just as bad but at least it tastes 10 times better. Pei Wei is bad for you and it tastes like ass.

I don't mind Pei Wei too much. It's just fried chicken with sauce all over it on rice. It's kind of hard to mess that up.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 4:49pm 
Purple Heart

What do you guys mean you feel like shit. Like im waaaay overweight. Most i ever weighed in my life. The only exercise i get is playing hockey once or twice a week. But i dont feel like shit. Like im hurting the next day after games but thats usually just my ankle and bad knees.

I eat bad already but with no kitchen for awhile its gonna be worse. Day 1 jenna picked up BK. Tonight though i think were making blt's.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 4:56pm 
Shamoozal Legend

He's probably just tired all the time. No energy. That's what I'm guessing anyways. But it's probably good to start watching your health before you really start to feel like shit because by then, it's going to be too late. Your arteries are already clogged and you get that massive heart attack. It's going to be 100x harder to get back into shape.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 5:01pm 
Purple Heart

My theory is the day i cant keep up playing hockey is the day i need to worry. Like the other day my team had no subs. So for two 20 min halfs it was iron man hockey. Surprisingly i didnt feel bad.

PostPosted: November, 20, 2012 - 5:03pm 
High School Bully

Yeah mainly no energy is a big one. If I could, all I would do is lay down. The other day I ran around the house playing with the girls for about 10 minutes. I was winded and had to lay on the floor and they wanted me to keep going.

Pain is because of my back/leg. When I exercise it tends to help with the pain a bit. Also my joints get very stiff and achy. When I'm exercising regularly I still have pain but I feel much better.

edit: When I'm eating bad, which my eating habits haven't completely fallen apart, I fall apart. I'm hypoglycemic according to the doc. Generally after I eat shit like Pei Wei or a muffin all I want to do is crash.

PostPosted: December, 7, 2012 - 11:06am 
THE GENERAL

Johnny Manf wrote:
I told the wife after Thanksgiving we would at least eat a little better for a few weeks until Christmas.

Remember this? NOPE!
If I get on the scale I know I'm going to be over 200 for the first time ever. I'm afraid.

PostPosted: December, 7, 2012 - 11:55am 
High School Bully

Oh snap.

I attempted to do some push ups yesterday. It was a really tough to do 20. Like, really fucking tough. hahahaha.

PostPosted: December, 9, 2012 - 2:15pm 
Artist of Life

Do this at least 3 times a week and you will see a difference:

100 Pushups (Alternate every week between regular pushups, triangle pushups, and if you have a chair, you can do decline pushups)
100 Situps / Crunches
100 Free Standing Squats

You can break the sets up however you want, but you have to do 100.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 444 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next