Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 19, 2014 - 9:26pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: Classic Game Collecting
PostPosted: May, 17, 2012 - 10:14pm 
Peepers Peeled

oh i see. google filled in "candy cab" for me. hah. that is indeed a blast city.

PostPosted: May, 17, 2012 - 10:15pm 
Peepers Peeled

dude there's actually a ton of blast cities going on the more i scroll down haaha. wtf.

PostPosted: May, 17, 2012 - 10:42pm 
Purple Heart

Cum Blast City seems to be the popular find hahaha.

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 5:46pm 
Purple Heart

Stillies wrote:
Google image search "Blast City", turn Safesearch OFF, scroll to 3rd row last picture in row.

Is it the BJ pic, cause that is right in the middle of the third row for me. Also at the beginning of the fourth row there is a pic of that same dude holding up a framed photograph of a woman in lingerie jerking it.

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 5:56pm 
Purple Heart

Hahaha Maybe it moved up since yesterday...Blast City indeed.

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 7:07pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Bought my first PCB. It's an old Capcom game called Tiger Road. Looks decent from the videos and it was one of the cheapest boards I could find. I found it on the forum I bought the Blast from. It goes for triple the price I paid on eBay, so at least I know I can (hopefully) make a profit off it when/if I sell it.

Also got some of my JAMMA parts in the mail today. Apparently the store I got them from is based out of Atco, which is like 40 minutes from where I live. Pretty neat. I thought the only thing in Atco was the ghost.

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 7:14pm 
Purple Heart

hahaha

were you with us on that road trip we took to see the ghost? I remember it was me jim and honkey in winters mountaineer

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 7:37pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Hack wrote:
hahaha

were you with us on that road trip we took to see the ghost? I remember it was me jim and honkey in winters mountaineer

Not sure I went with you guys, but I did go before. I kinda forget who was with me though.

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 7:55pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Banks came out of the woods, his eyes were red, and he pointed a shotgun at us. Wild trip. haha

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 8:32pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I was on the trip with Enrique to see the ghost.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 18, 2012 - 10:43pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Russell Casse wrote:
I was on the trip with Enrique to see the ghost.

I did that one for sure. I may have gone a second time.

PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 4:22am 
Sergeant Major Manf

Eventually you will have the console wall

PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 8:23am 
Level 27 Gardener

Haha that pic has been making the rounds. It's half ugly and half awesome. Only thing I actually really hate about it is how high it forces the TV. I hate when TVs are hung that high.

PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 3:17pm 
Sergeant Major Manf

I agree about the TV height. It is suppose to be that the bottom of the TV is no higher than eye height from the viewing position.

PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 8:09pm 
Purple Heart

My basement TV is high like that. It's fine. I do sit kind of close to it though.

PostPosted: May, 23, 2012 - 9:53pm 
Level 27 Gardener

I have nearly all of my parts. My female CPS2 kick adapter came in today. Now all I need is the Xbox Board and some wire and it'll be time for fun. A dude on the forum I bought this from was cool enough to actually make me a diagram of how the wires will all connect once I have everything. My Tiger Road board hasn't shipped though because stupid PayPal hasn't gotten my moolah over to the dude.

Speaking of PayPal, they have this new BillMeLater thing. I always ignore it. I made a new PP account recently (because my original one was linked to my Mom's name for some reason) and I swear to god I clicked that I was not interested in BML. Well I got a thing in the physical snail mail today about BML. Fuck that shit, I have to go cancel it. So stupid. I swear to god I never accepted it.

PostPosted: May, 25, 2012 - 3:39pm 
Peepers Peeled

you probably didnt but they gave it to you anyway because they're looking for bizznazz.

PostPosted: May, 29, 2012 - 9:08am 
Level 27 Gardener

Checked the shippng on the Tiger Road board. Looks like it'll arrive today. Was going to get back into the Shamoozal work groove tonight, but it looks like it's going to be Arcade night instead. I hope.

PostPosted: May, 29, 2012 - 10:27pm 
Level 27 Gardener

The Tiger Road board came in today. Thing was fucking huge. It's two layers of board stacked on top of each other. It was crazy firing up the cabinet for the first time since getting it. The Jamma thing was a piece of cake, you literally just plug and play. After I gave it a quick test I mounted the board to the wood piece that came with the cab. It was the first time I really looked at the wood and you can tell so many games have been screwed into this thing in the past. Kinda cool.

I'll admit that at first I was horrified with the monitor. I guess since it's been a while the upper left corner was washed out in purple and the bottom right was washed out in yellow. I thought there was no way I could have missed that when he showed me the cab. But after it set for a bit it went right back to normal and looked great. You can't see any of the burn in or scratches on the screen. It looks pretty fucking awesome.

There was a hiss with the audio, which I'm wondering if it's the game itself or the speakers. I think I'm going to email the dude and ask if it hissed for him. I won't care if it's just this game, but I'll be slightly annoyed if it hisses once I get the Xbox hooked up.

This is the first time I've ever played Tiger Road too. I never even heard of it until I looked into buying it. It's actually pretty sweet. It's your typical cheap death side scroller from the 80s, but it also has that certain charm from games in those days too. I felt reminded of Ghosts and Goblins a lot actually. I'm positive team members from GnG had to have worked on this. It took me a bunch of quarters, but I made it through.

I set up my Shamoozal mug to catch the quarters. I could have lifted the control panel and just buzzed in a bunch of lives for myself, but I liked the mad scramble to the quarters to get my lives back. I tried out a 100 Yen piece and it didn't work. I kinda want it to accept Yen. I wonder if that's something I can look into. I kinda forgot that this thing was a gutted US version of Sega Bass Fishing, so I really did expect the Yen to work.

Also, those Sanwa buttons are sooooo good. It was great finally being able to play this thing. Once I get the Xbox hooked up to this it's gonna be awesome.

PostPosted: May, 29, 2012 - 10:31pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Also, how sad is it that I want to buy a used Sega branded ashtray that would be attached to these things in Japan for like 30 bucks?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ARCADE-ASHTRAY- ... 933wt_1396

That is an accessory for the future. Hahaha. I'm not even kidding.

PostPosted: May, 30, 2012 - 10:28am 
Shamoozal Legend

You can't just set the settings to free play?

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 30, 2012 - 10:53am 
Level 27 Gardener

Russell Casse wrote:
You can't just set the settings to free play?

There is probably a way to do that.

PostPosted: May, 30, 2012 - 11:42am 
Shamoozal Legend

I know for the mame roms, you can go into the settings for the game and set the amount. I don't know how you actually do it on a real machine though.

PostPosted: May, 30, 2012 - 5:06pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Neither the Simpsons or Turtles in Time have free play, I just have the credits set to 1 quarter 9 lives.

PostPosted: May, 30, 2012 - 5:12pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I guess the only mame roms I'm familiar with are SF2 ones ha. I think I have every version SF2 on my computer. Maybe someday, I'll own my own Super Turbo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next