Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently August, 21, 2014 - 12:00pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Nintendo Wii U
PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 3:48pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

http://gizmodo.com/#!5792174/new-ninten ... 60-and-ps3

Post subject: Re: new nintendo console
PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 3:58pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I hope it's true. I might finally make money on my Gamestop stocks. Their stocks finally started to move with the release of the 3DS. They were in like a 3 year slump. I just want to unload this shitty stock.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 4:16pm 
High School Bully

This story is interesting in that since GI broke the news, all these blogs are tacking on their own shit. IGN added the part about Nintendo doing a soft reveal pre-E3, and Kotaku claimed it to be significantly more powerful than the HD twins.

Anyway, this is expected. Nintendo works in the regular 5 year cycle. Their sales are still fantastic (the NES was still a beast when the SNES was announced/launched) but the proof of them moving on is right in their internal development. Internal Nintendo teams haven't put out a game since NSMBWii, and aside from Skyward Sword nothing else is known. One can only assume their doing loads of 3DS and Nintendo HD stuff.

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 5:13pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

hopefully japans situation doesn't cause an immediate production issue.

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 5:27pm 
Peepers Peeled

hmm should be interesting. more powerful than the modern systems? its possible. i wonder if the pulse thing will somehow be employed? hah

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 6:56pm 
Purple Heart

Obviously, I will be buying this new system, but I'm not sure I like the ramifications. Once Nintendo announces this thing, MS and Sony will push up production on whatever new systems they are working on. I don't want to buy 3 new systems.

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 7:02pm 
Purple Heart

I'm hoping they will hold off a bit. PS3 is finally hitting it's stride and the 360 is doing better than ever with Kinect (fuck motion controls).

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 7:20pm 
Jobs

I'll believe it when I see it. We've been hearing WiiHD for 3 E3's now. Not that I don't think Nintendo will make the HD jump with their next console... but those articles read like a lot of wishful thinking. And honestly when I read quotes like:

Quote:
"Nintendo is doing this one right," said an anonymous source. "[It's] not a gimmick like the Wii."

I immediately lose faith in the credibility of their sources.

PostPosted: April, 14, 2011 - 9:15pm 
High School Bully

Yeah, the "it's not a gimmick" thing irked me too. Wii has lasted a strong five years and its competitors have invested millions into motion controllers of their own. There is nothing that's a gimmick about Wii.

Now there are reports coming out that the new controller will have an HD screen built into it. I don't buy that crap, and even if it does have a built in screen, no way it'll be in HD. I'm pretty much not believing any rumors outside of GI initial report.

And Nate, you could be right. This could force MS and Sony to up the production on their next gen consoles. I wonder, are they even in a rush to do it?

PostPosted: April, 15, 2011 - 11:21am 
Peepers Peeled

hah yeah the wii's motion controls are such a gimmick that the entire fucking industry jumped on board. fucking game "journalists".

PostPosted: April, 15, 2011 - 11:50am 
Shamoozal Warrior

I wish I could come up with a gimmick that would make me millions and millions of dollars

PostPosted: April, 15, 2011 - 11:59am 
High School Bully

Me too.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 3:01am 
Corporal Shamoozal

I hope/think they'll put a new console out or at least talk about it during e3. the 3ds just dropped though, So i think they could wait another year before announcing.

the wii is in kind of a dry spell, no new games that are worth buying during spring? I ordered other M, not sure who tweeted the sale but thanks.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 9:08am 
High School Bully

William Smith wrote:
I hope/think they'll put a new console out or at least talk about it during e3. the 3ds just dropped though, So i think they could wait another year before announcing.

the wii is in kind of a dry spell, no new games that are worth buying during spring? I ordered other M, not sure who tweeted the sale but thanks.

Nice, glad you grabbed Other M. I had to spread the love when I saw it was 15 dollars. Like I said, it's not the best Metroid game, but it's certainly a very good game regardless.

Word on the street is that Nintendo is going to make a soft announcement of the new console next week on the 25th (which would be the 26th in Japan at the time of the business briefing or whatever it is they're having). It makes sense, they did the same exact thing when 3DS rumors broke out right before they announced it.

Wii 2(HD) whatever you want to call it is probably very far along in development. Looking at the big picture, it makes sense. Internally, Nintendo hasn't put out a Wii game since New SMBW, and the only other one we know of is Zelda. It is pretty clear they've moved on from Wii and have to be working on Wii 2 software for a long time.

It's crazy, I honestly thought E3 would just tease the new console (like they teased Revolution before its big show the following year) and focus on 3DS again, but it looks like this new console is going to be their big thing.

Though I don't care about graphics too much (of course i love great ones) I do hope that this machine is above what 360 and PS3 can do. I'm positive it'll be of equal power, but it needs to be more than it. It needs to be able to compete with whatever they do next to some capacity if they really want third party games on there.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 10:33am 
Peepers Peeled

well the problem with nintendo systems (at least in more recent years) is that they remain pretty closed systems, and not very internet friendly. now i dont mean just being able to surf the web on your TV or something lame like that, but i just mean connectivity as a whole. i dont see them changing this for the next one either. maybe they will and ill be surprised.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 10:38am 
High School Bully

They're very afraid of going fully online like XBL or even PSN. I'm not sure why exactly. I guess they don't want their onlines games to turn into your average bro session of people dropping F bombs and N bombs. I'm not sure. But they do completely embrace online stuff, they've been trying to do it since the Famicom where they had simple stock exchange programs on it, so they in no way hate it, they're just trying to figure out how to best do it their way.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 10:52am 
Shamoozal Legend

Eh, the trade off of having public online is having the bros that come with it. That's why there's the mute option. It also depends on what types of games you're playing. I'm sure online Scrabble is a lot more civilized than CoD or Gears of War.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 12:55pm 
Purple Heart

They're afraid because they own the "family" market and parents don't want their kids playing with the bros (in reality the kids are worse). They need to find a way to make it so when the parents are setting the system up for the kid it says like "do you want online chat disabled for child safety" or something so they can't hear or talk to the people they're playing with.

And then Best Buy can charge $100 to plug in your system and $50 to turn that feature on for you.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 2:40pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

No matter what it is i'll love it. A zelda game or a mario game in HD would look great.

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 3:47am 
Corporal Shamoozal

http://kotaku.com/#!5795241/nintendo-co ... -successor
confirmed, 2012. the year of the miyamoto.

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 3:49am 
The Bearer of Truths

Good announcement timing considering their profits dropped 52% this last year.

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 4:11am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Dante369 wrote:

trolling?

Was it the wii sales falling? No surprises there

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 10:20am 
High School Bully

Dante369 wrote:

Ha, well, yeah that's exactly why they did it.

The profit dropping is just because there is no way they could match the numbers the Wii/DS hit the previous year, that's just how the game goes. But yeah, in Japan Wii is pretty freaking dead across the board (it's sort of dead here too, but it still moves a healthy amount of units), so they're just doing their exit strategy.

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 2:24pm 
The Bearer of Truths

Man, I'm most likely gonna be in class during all the conferences this year :(

PostPosted: April, 25, 2011 - 7:57pm 
Purple Heart

Profits dropped because everyone already has Wii and DS.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 493 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next