Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 16, 2014 - 6:42pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Hoarders
PostPosted: December, 7, 2009 - 11:10pm 
Artist of Life

Has anyone watched this before? This show is insane. These people collect nothing but shit and it piles up all over their homes. I don't know how these people live in this filth. The lady on right now was wearing adult diapers instead of going to the bathroom and every inch of her house covered in trash. She actually fell in the trash and almost died because she couldn't get out of it. She set a panic alarm and emergency personnel had to break the door down to rescue this woman. I'll admit, when they told the story about her falling in trash, I laughed.

Post subject: Re: Hoarders
PostPosted: December, 7, 2009 - 11:23pm 
Level 27 Gardener

I would have laughed too. That's what she gets the idiot.

PostPosted: December, 8, 2009 - 4:29am 
Corporal Shamoozal

i can't bring myself to watch Hoarders or Intervention. That shit is painful. One time i literally saw the advert for a Hoarders where the hoarder was a 7 year old boy. I was seriously almost in tears.

PostPosted: December, 21, 2009 - 11:41pm 
Artist of Life

This show is great. I love when they start trying to clean shit up and the hoarders get pissed off because the clean up crew wants to throw all their useless shit out. I don't know how people live like this, but it makes for an interesting show.

Post subject: Re: What are you watching?
PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 8:41am 
Level 27 Gardener

When I was watching Back to the Future this weekend, A&E kept having commercials for Hoarders, so I decided to set my DVR to record it. When it started recording last night we just ended up turning it on and watching it while it aired.

I can't believe these people are real. I watched two episodes, the second episode was no where near as awful as the first. In the first episode I watched they go into this house that looks like something out of Silent Hill. Everything looks absolutely terrible. I mean, my first impression is that the house should be condemned and torn down, and I guess that was the threat which is why the clean up crew took that house on. You knew there was no chance they could save the house though, it was just a disaster. It is beyond hoarding things and just being a complete maniac.

They found I think two or three dead cats in the house. Like, dead for so long all that was left was bones, some fur, and skulls. I think they found a bunch of dead rats and shit too. I said to Dem, I could never imagine if Benson died and us just leaving him where he died forever. How can people NOT want to clean up a fucking dead animal?

When the team finally made there way to where they could move into the upstairs floor, the path up the steps was blocked by a bunch of bags. The guy goes "I had a feeling this is what this was." Turns out, these people were just shitting in bags and throwing it up the steps because their water had been turned off for ages. There was, I think 20 or more years worth of poop. You could tell the dude just wanted to leave and knew these people were maniacs. On top of poop and dead animals they also had tons of old rotting food, just the worst stuff. Meanwhile the asshole woman who lives there wants to save shitty fucking make up that was in a crusty million year old box that she didn't even know she had and then had the audacity to call the clean up crew a bunch of idiots.

By the end they were only able to clean out the bottom level of the home. When the main dude went upstairs he knew there was no hope. He said the floor and walls were caving in, there was a rats nest and other things he couldn't even make out. Even the cleaned rooms looked like something out of silent hill. The home inspector comes out and he basically just says "Too bad, we're still tearing it down." Not only did these people lose their house but now they owe the city 10 grand.

These people should have been locked up. They are obviously insane and should be put away like animals.

PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 9:30am 
Shamoozal Legend

AHHAAHAHHA. THEY SHIT IN BAGS! If your water goes out, at least go out in the back yard. Dogs at least know that much. I'm surprised they didn't die of the bubonic plague before the cleaners got there.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 3:04pm 
Purple Heart

hahahaha that show is so awesome/awful

me and jenna watch it sometimes and i cant believe some of the houses they show.

PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 6:32pm 
Sergeant Major Manf

yeah were hooked on hoarders too...i love when these ppl give reasons for keepin their shit

PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 6:42pm 
The Bearer of Truths

I think Hoarders is on instant streaming, btw.

PostPosted: September, 14, 2010 - 9:10pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Cool Dante, I'll have to add it.

We watched two more tonight. I think the ones that involve poop are my favorite because it makes those people the easiest to hate. This one woman had two years worth of diapers piled up in her bathroom. There was so much poop and pee that it ate through the floor. Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

PostPosted: September, 16, 2010 - 8:19am 
Purple Heart

We are addicted to this show too...that one on monday was the worst one I've seen. That place was a house of fuckin horrors I love how they wanted to save the house so bad...it was destroyed.

PostPosted: September, 16, 2010 - 8:53am 
Level 27 Gardener

JW_Number_ONE wrote:
Has anyone watched this before? This show is insane. These people collect nothing but shit and it piles up all over their homes. I don't know how these people live in this filth. The lady on right now was wearing adult diapers instead of going to the bathroom and every inch of her house covered in trash. She actually fell in the trash and almost died because she couldn't get out of it. She set a panic alarm and emergency personnel had to break the door down to rescue this woman. I'll admit, when they told the story about her falling in trash, I laughed.

Interesting that this was the second episode I saw. Dude, it was amazing. I said in my response I'd probably laugh too, and forgetting I read this, I did laugh. That woman was absolutely bonkers.

These people are just insane. We watched another one last night. I can't get enough.

PostPosted: September, 16, 2010 - 8:55am 
Level 27 Gardener

Oh the one last night this disgustingly gross woman was about to lose her kids because of how terrible her house was. She had like 15 dogs and 3 cats living there. When the cameras were there the animal control people showed up and took away more than half her animals (she was only legally allowed to have 5 or 6). Then she sat there cryiing saying they had no right to take the animals because she loved them.

Also, her 12 year old son lived in an uninsulated shed outside for 2 years... with his dog.

These people are out of their minds.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2010 - 11:10am 
Level 27 Gardener

Almost forgot I had the DVR set to record new episodes of this on Monday nights.

So the one from last night had NOTHING on the poop one, but this was still nuts. This single Mom with a 13 year old and I think like a 5 year old was on and just grossing it up. I felt awful for the 13 year old boy. At first he talks about how his Dad left them and he was furious with him and that if his Dad couldn't man up that he needed to man up. Not many 13 year olds willing to say that. So the crew makes their way to the kids room and they ask him what he's most ashamed of in his bedroom and he says all the dog shit thats in there. Then he has a break down and is crying about he's treated like crap in school because of his house and how he feels absolutely worthless. This poor kid. Meanwhile the depressed Mom comes home from work at 5 and then goes to bed at 5:30. Just worthless people.

One thing I found interesting is that the Mom and her son did end up getting pissed off when the crew started to throw away stuff she claimed she wanted to keep. The boy whispers to her (but the camera picks it up anyway) that he thinks they're doing it on purpose, and she agrees. Then it cuts to the crew and they're saying how they think the family believes they're trying to sensationalize what's going on. I think the kid had a point because after that moment I noticed the crew was having a much easier time with the family. So even though these people are slobs, knowing how reality TV works the crew probably does set things into motion to stir up trouble.

This show never ceases to amaze.

PostPosted: September, 27, 2010 - 9:16am 
Level 27 Gardener

The first season of this show is only 7 episodes long. We started watching them on NetFlix streaming last night and we're almost finished already.

There was this one last night that was another mind blower. There was this husband and wife that had a shit hole of a house and a bazillion animals in it. Before the clean up crew could clean the house the pest control people came to get all the animals out. They ended up pulling out over 50 something cats, many of which were dead. They found all sorts of newly born kittens the woman didn't even know she had. It was insane. About half of the living cats that they pulled out all needed to be put down because they were in such bad shape. The next day when the clean up crew showed up they found like 30 more dead cats. It was insane. I could never imagine having close to 100 cats in my house. Just insane. Something is wrong with these people.

PostPosted: September, 28, 2010 - 10:20am 
Purple Heart

Dude did you see the one last night with the old bitch who had 30 cats...holy fuck cat shit was everywhere. The doctor told her all of this shit had to be burned and she had the nerve to say fuck you to him. These people are a bunch of assholes.

PostPosted: September, 28, 2010 - 10:22am 
Level 27 Gardener

Stillies wrote:
Dude did you see the one last night with the old bitch who had 30 cats...holy muck cat shit was everywhere. The doctor told her all of this shit had to be burned and she had the nerve to say muck you to him. These people are a bunch of assholes.

Fuuuuuck. I saw the DVR recording something last night and assumed it was Adventure Time. I'll watch that tonight for sure. I always forget this is on Monday nights.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:02am 
Level 27 Gardener

Stillies wrote:
Dude did you see the one last night with the old bitch who had 30 cats...holy muck cat shit was everywhere. The doctor told her all of this shit had to be burned and she had the nerve to say muck you to him. These people are a bunch of assholes.

Holy moses we watched this episode last night.

The fact that they brought out DEAD kittens to show her and her first response was "they would have been gold" was just mind blowing. This woman had no idea these kittens even existed in her home, and her first response is to point out WHAT COLOR THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN! Then when the crew gets on her case about how she left these kittens to die, she tries to say she thought she heard something behind the TV but couldn't move the TV and then blamed her brother for putting the TV there and said he is the reason the cats died. I mean, just absolutely unbelievable. The fact that they found 32 cats and 13 were dead is just insane.

I was pretty pissed off that she didn't lose her house. I was hoping the thing would need to be torn down. And nothing came of it either, because it said that the sons completed the work the cleaners started and that she's already hoarding things again. Plus the vet is giving her two of her cats back. I feel like once it is a known fact that you fucked up with owning animals that you shouldn't be allowed to have them anymore. WTF.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:22am 
Purple Heart

Same here I wanted to see that old bitch get thrown out of her house and watch her house get decimated.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:32am 
Jobs

My wife turned this show on one night, I made her turn it off because it was making me physically ill watching it

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:33am 
Level 27 Gardener

Steve wrote:
My wife turned this show on one night, I made her turn it off because it was making me physically ill watching it

That's why it's great!

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:35am 
Jobs

These people need electric shock therapy, I want to feel sympathy for them but all I feel is disgust.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:41am 
Level 27 Gardener

Steve wrote:
These people need electric shock therapy, I want to feel sympathy for them but all I feel is disgust.

I don't feel sympathy for any of them. Listen, if you don't use your toilet or bath tub anymore then you don't deserve a home. These people need to be put away.

Only once in a while is there a house that cleans up well and actually looks like a nice, livable home. Those people can have their homes.

Oooohh, you know what I loved about that same episode was the other hoarder story. They were cleaning the woman's home and her Mom was there helping. All the Mom did was complain and make a big stink out of things. Then at one point the mom was encouraging the daughter NOT to throw things out. That is when the therapist put two and two together and realized the Mom was also a hoarder. So her daughter drove over to her house, took pictures, and showed everyone. Turned out her house was equally as terrible. I loved it. A plot twist Shyamalan himself would have loved.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 10:58am 
Purple Heart

I loved it too. They wouldn't let the cameras see the photos it was like a reaction vid to two girls one cup.

PostPosted: September, 30, 2010 - 12:29pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Stillies wrote:
I loved it too. They wouldn't let the cameras see the photos it was like a reaction vid to two girls one cup.

Yeah that was great. Also, the woman had that weird Popeye arm that was driving me nuts.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next