Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 16, 2014 - 12:13am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: We attempt fashion
PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 12:19am 
Shamoozal Legend

Man, I think I'm in desperate need of a style overhaul. I need to change it up from the T-shirt and jeans look. I've been getting better fitting shirts and jeans but I feel like I need shake up my wardrobe a bit. I'm going to start doing a little educating on style. I kind of wish I lived or worked in NYC. I'd be surrounded by a lot more better dressed people. Out here, it's just super laid back. Especially the engineers. People come into work in flip flops, shorts, and T-shirts. I some times feel like even a polo shirt is too much. It's pretty ridiculous. Time to start dressing like a man.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

Post subject: Re: Me
PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 12:48am 
The Bearer of Truths

Russell Casse wrote:
Man, I think I'm in desperate need of a style overhaul. I need to change it up from the T-shirt and jeans look. I've been getting better fitting shirts and jeans but I feel like I need shake up my wardrobe a bit. I'm going to start doing a little educating on style. I kind of wish I lived or worked in NYC. I'd be surrounded by a lot more better dressed people. Out here, it's just super laid back. Especially the engineers. People come into work in flip flops, shorts, and T-shirts. I some times feel like even a polo shirt is too much. It's pretty ridiculous. Time to start dressing like a man.

http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice/

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 12:52am 
Shamoozal Legend

ha, thanks Dante.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 7:13am 
THE GENERAL

Russell Casse wrote:

fuck that. i'm t shirt and jeans for life.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 9:22am 
Level 27 Gardener

Russell Casse wrote:

I've actually been feeling similar. I'm in a weird spot too. I generally wear a T-Shirt and jeans to work every single day. I was looking at my T-Shirt drawer and it's filled with pop culture screen print tees. I think I'm over them. I told myself I'm not buying anymore of them. If people give them to me that's cool, I'll wear them, but I'm not doing it myself. But yesterday I had one of the few polo shirts I own on and I didn't like the look of it. I spotted myself in the reflection of my car and it made me feel old. There has to be some kind of magic middle ground where I still feel like me but look pretty good.

I've been doing the better fitting shirts and pants for a while now, but the shirts are tricky for me. I guess my torso is longer than the average male torso, so when I buy t-shirts that fit me, they're actually too short. I have a few that after I wash them they pretty much become night time shirts because they're too short to wear out. The same rules apply to button downs or long sleeves. The shirts never properly go to my wrists. It's always just above them. Again, usually they're fine before washing. I also dry on low heat too so I doubt I'm shrinking them much.

I was looking into some pretty rad Korean sweaters a few months ago but that shit was kind of pricey. That's the thing, if I do eventually figure out how I want to dress, it's going to cost me a bit. It sucks. :(

Going to check out Dante's link now.

edit: Oh yeah I used to wear button downs and different types of pants other than jeans a lot but I got over that too. I don't want to dress too nicely. It just isn't practical for my life anymore. I deal with too much kid shit and house stuff to where it doesn't make sense to dress overly nice unless I'm going out.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 9:35am 
THE GENERAL

I wear a polo and jeans with sneakers every day to work.
The second I walk in the door at home, I change into some mesh shorts and a tshirt. Literally within 5 minutes of getting home every day.
I never wear jeans when I'm just sitting around the house. Only when I know I'm about to go somewhere.

If I go out somewhere and its somewhat nice, the polo will go on. Otherwise its a tshirt. I even have what I call "nicer" tshirts. haha
But I'm like Phil, most of my shirts are music, movie, TV, sports or something like that. I hate wearing just a namebrand on my shirt like Ambercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle. Boo to that shit. And always short sleeves. I hate long sleeve shirts unless its a zip up hoodie or a coat in the winter time. But I always have a short sleeve polo or tshirt underneath. This has been my style my whole adult life pretty much. haha

I'm 31 so I doubt I'll ever change now. Not like I want to though.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 9:39am 
Purple Heart

Thats crazy I am pretty much over wearing tshirts lately too. I don't know what happened but I am def in the middle of some weird style change. I grew a beard and started wearing button downs and jeans every day instead of t shirts. I was just thinking I have a few conventions coming up and I usually wear some sort of pop culturey shirt to them but this time I actually kind of want to get dressed up. It's really weird.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 10:20am 
Level 27 Gardener

Johnny Manf wrote:
I hate wearing just a namebrand on my shirt like Ambercrombie & Fitch or American Eagle. Boo to that shit.

Yes I also hate that. I'd rather wear my Ghostbusters t-shirt than that shit any day of the week. Not saying I'd never wear those products, but if that shit is branded all over it (which is usually is) I refuse. I don't get what's so cool about wearing a shirt that says where I bought it from. Stupid.

Stillies that is the reason I wore a suit to MAGFest last year. Only on Saturday though. I knew I would be spending time at the EG table and maybe talking about Shamoozal stuff with people, so I kind of branded myself in Shamoozal colors. Black suit with yellow button down and tie. I wore vans shoes with it too since I knew I'd be on my feet all day. At night I changed my shirt, tie and shoes to dress shoes but wore the same suit. I'm probably going to do it again this year. I'll need to buy some new colors. I actually wouldn't mind getting a new suit either. I probably won't do that though. I like playing the suit angle because at a show like that you're surrounded by people in jeans, shorts, and screen print nerdy shirts. Aside from the cosplayers, you stand out in a crowd like that, and when talking with people it makes you feel more official.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 10:30am 
THE GENERAL

Yellow suit and tie with a black shirt this time. haha

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 10:35am 
Purple Heart

i wear a tshirt and mesh shorts to work everyday. When i get home if were going out i throw on cargo shorts. Every shirt i own is sports or team shirts i have for hockey. My biggest change was Jorts to cargo shorts and thats it. I own polo shirts for golf and i dont own a single pair of jeans bc they are the most uncomfortable things in the world.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 10:50am 
Level 27 Gardener

Johnny Manf wrote:
Yellow suit and tie with a black shirt this time. haha

AHAHAHAAH you might be onto something with the black shirt and yellow tie.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 10:50am 
Level 27 Gardener

Hack wrote:
i wear a tshirt and mesh shorts to work everyday. When i get home if were going out i throw on cargo shorts. Every shirt i own is sports or team shirts i have for hockey. My biggest change was Jorts to cargo shorts and thats it. I own polo shirts for golf and i dont own a single pair of jeans bc they are the most uncomfortable things in the world.

Did you switch from jorts to cargo shorts when you discovered jorts was even a thing?

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 1:13pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Phil wrote:
Now I want to get a rad hoodie for the fall.

http://www.amazon.com/Doublju-Rider-Asy ... ds=doublju

Shit's like 55 bucks though. Blaaahh.

That is pretty cool. I dig it.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 1:37pm 
Artist of Life

Russell Casse wrote:
I think I stopped wearing shirts with logos or anything on them since college. I just get solid color t shirts that fit nice now. I still have a couple of shirts that have brands on them but I don't wear them too often. I have a HCO shirt that I might have worn maybe 10 times total and I've had that thing for maybe 8 years now. I really like the undershirts at Banana. They're well made, fit well, and are comfortable. I'm going to try to slowly transform my wardrobe. Buy a thing here or there. But before that, I need to figure out what type of style I want to go for first. And it is pretty great to be dressed up and all classy in a crowd where everyone else is just in T shirts and jeans. You feel like a million bucks. I guess that's why Spike Spiegel is so cool.

Undershirts at Gap are good too and cheaper....

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 1:38pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Russell Casse wrote:
I think I stopped wearing shirts with logos or anything on them since college. I just get solid color t shirts that fit nice now. I still have a couple of shirts that have brands on them but I don't wear them too often. I have a HCO shirt that I might have worn maybe 10 times total and I've had that thing for maybe 8 years now. I really like the undershirts at Banana. They're well made, fit well, and are comfortable. I'm going to try to slowly transform my wardrobe. Buy a thing here or there. But before that, I need to figure out what type of style I want to go for first. And it is pretty great to be dressed up and all classy in a crowd where everyone else is just in T shirts and jeans. You feel like a million bucks. I guess that's why Spike Spiegel is so cool.

You used to be the king of Country and State T-Shirts.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 1:46pm 
Shamoozal Legend

HAHAHA! I know. Because my mom would buy me them wherever her business trips took her. She'd get a shirt for me.

Yeah, I like the Gap ones as well. I've got a few of those too.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2013 - 3:24pm 
Shamoozal Vet

I've only recently started wearing t-shirts. I've always been an undershirt guy with a button-down shirt (usually un-buttoned) kind of guy. I don't think I own a single logoed t-shirt. It's definitely not a fashion statement, I just never liked the way t-shirts fit.

- You were supposed to fire up. _We_ both fired _up_.

PostPosted: September, 1, 2013 - 12:49pm 
Purple Heart

I'm also big on tshirts and jeans. I can't remember the last time I wore a long sleeve shirt with the exception of dress shirts for weddings/funerals/grad, etc.

I wear a bunch of different shorts though.

PostPosted: September, 2, 2013 - 2:44pm 
Peepers Peeled

that is a pretty rad hoodie. a few years ago i turned into hoodie man. in the winter, i wear one almost every day. they're functional. you can take them off with ease when it gets too hot.

PostPosted: September, 2, 2013 - 3:02pm 
Purple Heart

I hate those over the head hoodies. If it doesn't have a zipper I am not interested.

PostPosted: September, 2, 2013 - 8:22pm 
THE GENERAL

Yeah I only do the zipper hoodies too.

PostPosted: September, 2, 2013 - 11:05pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I used to do the over the head ones but I rarely wear them anymore. I just have a zippered one. I refer to it as my Mark Zuckerberg hoodie (in my head).

PostPosted: September, 3, 2013 - 8:52am 
Level 27 Gardener

I'm not against overhead hoodies, it's not much different than just wearing a sweater, which I'll still wear those from time to time too. I prefer the zip up ones though.

PostPosted: September, 3, 2013 - 11:00am 
Shamoozal Warrior

yeah, over the head hoodies became too much work.

PostPosted: September, 3, 2013 - 1:07pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Phil wrote:
Now I want to get a rad hoodie for the fall.

http://www.amazon.com/Doublju-Rider-Asy ... ds=doublju

Shit's like 55 bucks though. Blaaahh.

Bullet bitten.