Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently December, 27, 2014 - 4:03pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: missing out on the greatest vacation ever
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 8:43am 
Shamoozal Vet

My buddy thought up this great vacation idea. Drive all around the state (pa) and visit as many breweries as we possibly can for 3 days, with Yuengling being priority one. We also planned on calling up any of our friends in the area while we're there, some guys that we haven't seen in a long time.

It was all going to happen this weekend, thursday-sunday. My friends that are going with me are both highschool teachers so summer is about the only time for them. We were going to camp out in state parks because one of the guys has a pass that makes it free.

Well my great uncle passed away on sunday and his funeral was thursday, so i called the guys and said i couldn't start the trip on thursday and i'd meet up with them at the park they were at on thursday night. They said we'll just abbreviate the trip a little and go all out friday and saturday. Whatever no loss on my part.
Well i get back in town yesterday and give them a call to find out where they want to meet today. Then i find out the one guy has to help his girlfriend move all day on saturday... fucking prick.

So now saturday's out and a lot of them only have tours on saturday. Which basically means we're either only going to hit up 1 or 2 close ones today or just go get a keg and let our brain cells waste away while playing video games.

So do me a favor and drink one for me this weekend because of lost opportunity.

- You were supposed to fire up. _We_ both fired _up_.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 8:49am 
THE GENERAL

Its a damn shame.
I've only been to one brewery, Sam Adams in Boston. It was a good time but I'm not a HUGE fan of Sam Adams beer. I'll drink it but I rarely ever buy it for myself. It was fun to get a shitload of free samples though. They had this chocolate beer that was just ridiculous. I dont know who the hell would want to sit around and drink that.

A bunch of my buddies (most of them Smorg members) are going to Canada at the end of August. I am broke as a joke and couldnt join them. So I'm missing out on a damn good trip myself so I know what you mean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 8:51am 
Artist of Life

Canada doesn't know what I'm about to unleash...

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 9:08am 
Shamoozal Legend

My buddies are going to Australia for 3 weeks but I didn't feel like forking over the 7-8K for it... I really do want to go though. Dammit!!!!! Now I'll never get to go to AU...... :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

Post subject: Re: missing out on the greatest vacation ever
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 9:17am 
Purple Heart

Invisible Swordsman wrote:
My buddy thought up this great vacation idea. Drive all around the state (pa) and visit as many breweries as we possibly can for 3 days, with Yuengling being priority one. We also planned on calling up any of our friends in the area while we're there, some guys that we haven't seen in a long time.

It was all going to happen this weekend, thursday-sunday. My friends that are going with me are both highschool teachers so summer is about the only time for them. We were going to camp out in state parks because one of the guys has a pass that makes it free.

Well my great uncle passed away on sunday and his funeral was thursday, so i called the guys and said i couldn't start the trip on thursday and i'd meet up with them at the park they were at on thursday night. They said we'll just abbreviate the trip a little and go all out friday and saturday. Whatever no loss on my part.
Well i get back in town yesterday and give them a call to find out where they want to meet today. Then i find out the one guy has to help his girlfriend move all day on saturday... mucking prick.

So now saturday's out and a lot of them only have tours on saturday. Which basically means we're either only going to hit up 1 or 2 close ones today or just go get a keg and let our brain cells waste away while playing video games.

So do me a favor and drink one for me this weekend because of lost opportunity.

That makes two of us

I was supposed to join my friends in Canada but i cant b/c of fucking work. Im not a regular mailman yet so basically im the bitch. If they need me i have to go in and help. I can put in for off but if a regular has off that day i come in. So Canada was planned during labor day weekend. I knew right tehn i was gonna have trouble getting off. So when i went to my boss and asked she jsut laughed and said now way. 3 other regulars have off that weekend. So not only am i missing the greatest trip i ever been on but im gonna get fucked in work

Post subject:
PostPosted: August, 17, 2007 - 9:51am 
Peepers Peeled

sounds like a blast man. i haven't had an extended vaca (meaning over 3 days) for almost 2 years....i take that back i had a week off for christmas. sucks man.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]