Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently September, 2, 2014 - 10:06pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Worthless Elections
PostPosted: March, 25, 2011 - 10:12pm 
Shamoozal Legend

HAHAHAHAHA excellent.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 2:13pm 
Purple Heart

Well a couple of the parties have actually started talking about legitimate issues. The Conservatives, who make up the current government and still basicaly just running a giant smear campaign filled with coalition fear-mongering. I hate those assholes so much.

I have no clue on you guys' knowledge of Canadian politics but we have 5 main parties. On the right we have the Conservatives(a combination of the PC and Reform parties) who are a more left leaning version of your Republicans. Then we have the more left leaning parties, the Liberals (closetst to centre), the NDP(farthest left) and the Green Party (all environmental BS) and finally the Bloc Quebecois (they basically only run in Quebec and are basically a bunch of seperatists).

The NDP, Bloc and Green Party have never actually made up our government. Although the NDP does normally get a pretty decent amount of seats and the Bloc gets a lot of Quebec seats.

Realistically the only parties who even have a chance to make up out government are the Conservatives, Liberals and NDP(very unlikely).

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 2:59pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

In america the republicans and democrats just absorb any smaller party ideas, eliminating any smaller party, awful system.

Unless Obama turns into a wizard and makes it rain chocolate before election day I don't think he'll be back, or the republicans put out an awful candidate as usual.

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 2:59pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

In america the republicans and democrats just absorb any smaller party ideas, eliminating any smaller party, awful system.

Unless Obama turns into a wizard and makes it rain chocolate before election day I don't think he'll be back, or the republicans put out an awful candidate as usual.

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 3:04pm 
Purple Heart

Double post!

Also I feel bad for Obama. The guy is getting so much shit for his first term but he inherited so much of the shitstorm caused by Bush that he never really had a chance. I kind of miss Clinton lol.

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 3:23pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

clinton was awesome.

obama stabilized the economy and did a lot for gay rights. i dont like the rest of his shit. obviously healthcare is a problem, but dealing with it during a recession is stupid. along with some of his other social programs. i think at this point he is so fukin bitter about the shit he has dealt with, he will be totally jaded and ineffective as a leader. i almost wish they wouldn't even run him again.

if they are smart the republicans will go with a non polarizing candidate. but they aren't smart, so it may be some fear mongering asshole. basically within a decade i am expecting this

and then with any luck shortly after, this

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 3:38pm 
Purple Heart

Something about getting mad at social programs always seems funny to me. Probably becuase I live in a country with a mixed economy and social programs are a big part of it. Also I think about it this way, no matter what my taxes are I will always be pissed when I have to pay them but at least I can go see a doctor whenever I please with no charge. If I lived in the States I'd be pissed about paying my taxes too and on top of that I'd be pissed every time I went to see a doctor.

Hell last year I had this insane pain in my nuts and I though I might have tortioned one of them, I went to a emergency clinic and the Hospital where I got an ultra sound all in one day. Sure it took like 5-6 hours total but I didn't have to pay a penny for it, whereas if I lived in the states I likely would have just sat there and suffered.

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 4:17pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

i dont have a problem with social programs. but there is a time and place to spend government funds and a depression isn't one of them. if he really wanted to go after something that was on his list of shit he was going to do, it should have been alternative fuels. fukin oil companies have been blocking that shit for decades. the move to get us off of foreign oil and oil altogether would have been a better play. fuck oil, i hate it.

PostPosted: March, 29, 2011 - 5:20pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Obama did some good stuff, but he's on the side of some stuff I'm tired of, like illegal immigration. Maybe somebody can enforce that for once in the past few decades

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 10:16am 
Purple Heart

Dude those people are determined as fuck. You have like 3 trucks patrolling along some shore line so they will always get in. Also they do the shittiest work ever for almost no money. Who the fuck wants to pick stawberries in the blistering heat for like $20 a day.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 10:28am 
Shamoozal Legend

I don't mind those people picking strawberries for me. I just want them to pay taxes like everyone else.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 10:37am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Russell Casse wrote:
I don't mind those people picking strawberries for me. I just want them to pay taxes like everyone else.

i have to agree, but in most cases there is an American paying them under the table to save from paying payroll tax. Same thing with our corporations not paying any taxes and using foreign labor. Our upper class is pretty much 100% responsible for making normal peoples lives in this country harder.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 11:33am 
Purple Heart

Man if they're making like 5 grand a year doing horrible work I don't think I care as much. You know they dream of becomming legal and making more and if they ever did they would probably be some of the only people who would love paying taxes because it would make them feel "American".

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 11:40am 
Purple Heart

Nick wrote:
Man if they're making like 5 grand a year doing horrible work I don't think I care as much. You know they dream of becomming legal and making more and if they ever did they would probably be some of the only people who would love paying taxes because it would make them feel "American".

:|...HAHAHAHA

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 1:25pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I don't care how much you make, you need to be paying taxes.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 2:01pm 
Purple Heart

I don't know. Here if you aren't a citizen you wouldn't get things like healthcare or welfare and considering those are the kind of people who would likely really need the free healthcare and shit so they would almost certainly benefit more from becomming legal (which I believe is way easier here), also if their a citizen they would then have to be given minimum wage and would be able to go on welfare. I think that's why this isn't really a problem up here.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 2:51pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

they've ruined the schools in LA, which were already pretty ass, there's 5 million of them in californina already, 300,000 come yearly. Sure some will get across even if we enforce any immigration laws, but it wont be hundreds of thousands. Also most of them don't work in agriculture, that's the one business I find it acceptable for immigration to take over since nobody else will do it, but most of them work in factories.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 2:54pm 
Purple Heart

That's illegals right? I live in one of the most culturally diverse cities in North America, we have a ton of immigrants (not sure how many are illegal) but on the whole I'm alright with them.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 6:52pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

LA is just mexicans/south americans, a lot of my friends are hispanic, but even they are tired of the illegals haha.

PostPosted: March, 30, 2011 - 7:37pm 
Purple Heart

We have a ton of people in my high school who either them or their parents came from Africa, Asia, South America, Indonesia etc.

PostPosted: May, 3, 2011 - 3:09pm 
Purple Heart

Well I was right. The opposition calling this election was a terrible idea on their part. Now Harper has a majority government, the Liberals have lost something like 50% of their seats (leaving them in the mid-low 30s), The Bloc Quebecois has been virually wiped out (They went from almost 50 seats to between 2-4). Basically the only non Harper parties that did well were The Green Party, who's leader is now the first GP member of parliament in history, and the NDP, who went from 4th last election with like 30-some seats to 2nd with over 100 seats (their previous best was 43). It is interesting though because more than 50% of the NDP seats were taken in Quebec.

PostPosted: May, 3, 2011 - 5:57pm 
Secret Fan

I'm cool with that. As long as Harper keeps pouring money into the auto industry I don't give a fuck what he does.

Besides the other parties are full of douchebags. Ignatieff can suck my big, ol' balls.

Jack Layton is probably the only other person on the billet I might have voted for, except he failed to take a stance to save southern ontario and the auto industry even after Windsor has predominantly voted NDP for the last 20 odd years.

For some western hick fuckv like Harper, who sucks farmer's balls, sleeps with big business, and spends too much money on the military, to at least save my entire city's fucking jobs against everyone's recomendation... while, that deserves the slightest bit of loyalty on my part.

So bitch all you want but politics is politics, and living in Ottawa doesn't make you any more savvy then the rest of us.

PostPosted: May, 3, 2011 - 6:55pm 
Purple Heart

whoa whoa whoa.

Canada has a military?

;)

PostPosted: May, 3, 2011 - 7:05pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Nate wrote:
whoa whoa whoa.

Canada has a military?

;)

Yeah what?

PostPosted: May, 3, 2011 - 7:09pm 
Secret Fan

5 canoes, 42 muskets, 24 ancient american fighter jets, and a couple English diesel submarines...

yea we have a fucking army. Wanna make something of it? We'll fuck you up.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next