Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently July, 30, 2014 - 9:17pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: apple
PostPosted: April, 3, 2011 - 12:12am 
Peepers Peeled

William Smith wrote:
I've actually found this android crowd to be way more annoying than the apple fans, I've never had anybody be zealous about their iphone, but apparently every android fan has to tell me how their android is better than my iphone.

my experiences is the complete and utter opposite to the point where i want to destroy all things apple. i cant tell you how much i have to listen to how amazing apple is from multiple, multiple angles on a daily basis.

PostPosted: April, 3, 2011 - 11:21pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Maybe it's because you have a job or something? I'm a student and i've never had somebody gloat. if they did i would tell them to shut the fuck up

PostPosted: April, 4, 2011 - 11:34am 
Shamoozal Warrior

i think there is gayness on both sides. but i think there is way more regular gayness on the apple side. there is going to be nerdy fanboys for everything. But with apple even the normal user becomes a ravenous fanboy. the ipad has been the worst device to cause this in my experience. even though it is really just a big ipod touch.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 1:20pm 
Purple Heart

I will give the iPad a little bit of credit surprisingly. I was at an urgent care clinic to get my head checked out (yeah healthcare!) and there was this father with his kid (4-6 years old I'd guess) well this kid was being a little asshole so the dad whips out his iPad and opens up this weird colouring app or something and the kid got mezmerized and shut up. Thank you iPad.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 2:37pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

I hate it when parents don't control their kids, I was at the ENT 2 weeks ago and this kid ran up to me and rubbed play doh on my pants. I looked up and his mom was this obese black woman just staring at me. She just didn't give a shit

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 2:48pm 
Purple Heart

Take the Playdoh and rub it at her/throw it in her kids face.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 2:50pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Hahaha I wanted too, I mean I understand if you have to bring your kid to a doctor, but fuck don't let him bother everybody around you because your life sucks

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 2:52pm 
Purple Heart

I don't know what the ENT is but I know that toys like playdoh have no business leaving your house.

PostPosted: April, 5, 2011 - 3:00pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Ear nose throat doctor.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: April, 13, 2011 - 2:03pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

congrats apple, you made imovie pro and called it final cut x. this is the beginning of the end for apple products in professional video.

PostPosted: April, 13, 2011 - 2:35pm 
The Bearer of Truths

IratePrimate wrote:
congrats apple, you made imovie pro and called it final cut x. this is the beginning of the end for apple products in professional video.

How so? It seemed like everyone was really impressed last night, but I didn't look into it.

PostPosted: April, 13, 2011 - 2:51pm 
Peepers Peeled

of course everyone was really impressed. thats what they do at those things.

PostPosted: April, 13, 2011 - 3:27pm 
Level 27 Gardener

IratePrimate wrote:

I guess iMovie is a watered down version of Final Cut? Is X replacing the Final Cut line?

PostPosted: April, 13, 2011 - 4:46pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

imovie is a consumer product which doesn't really do what professionals need. Final cut express was the watered down version of Final Cut. So Apple decided to "rebuild final cut from the ground up" and do away with Final Cut Express. But all they really did was expand the imovie platform. This will be really cool to people who are not video professionals. 64 bit support, background rendering, ipad support blah blah blah. To professionals it means that it is likely our 3rd party capture hardware wont work, 3rd party plug ins will no longer work, apparently there is no longer a source viewer window, just the timeline and timeline viewer, etc. It also leaves a lot of unanswered questions about the rest of the final cut studio line and whether old projects will even port over to the new application. Basically, they are touting this as amazing... but in reality it is the same shit they did with quicktime when they made it quicktime x. They made it a more consumer friendly, but immensely weaker product.

And Dante, Apple could shit in a box and brand it and the fukin idiots who love them would lap it up and ask for more shit.

PostPosted: April, 18, 2011 - 1:04pm 
Peepers Peeled

of course 3rd party plugins will probably not work. that's how apple rolls, and its not surprising. i'm telling you, they will eventualy alienate the professionals who fucking eat this shit up and who really have been the backbone of their entire existence for hte past 25 years.

and yeah, quicktime X is a giant steaming pile of shit. they litterally cover up a large chunk of your viewing area with the god damned controller. its unreal. i cant stress enough how heavily this impacts work in a negative way. we all still use the old version of QT, but its only a matter of time before its phased out.

PostPosted: April, 18, 2011 - 1:14pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Frank wrote:
of course 3rd party plugins will probably not work. that's how apple rolls, and its not surprising. i'm telling you, they will eventualy alienate the professionals who mucking eat this shit up and who really have been the backbone of their entire existence for hte past 25 years.

and yeah, quicktime X is a giant steaming pile of shit. they litterally cover up a large chunk of your viewing area with the god damned controller. its unreal. i cant stress enough how heavily this impacts work in a negative way. we all still use the old version of QT, but its only a matter of time before its phased out.

they have pretty much already said they dont give a shit about the professionals that kept the company alive by their actions. as long as fanboys keep buying every new version of their shiny gadgets, apple will dump on the pro/enterprise market.

PostPosted: April, 18, 2011 - 1:29pm 
Peepers Peeled

quicktime X is shockingly poor. like what fucking idiot decides to put the controller RIGHT ON TOP OF WHAT YOUR TRYING TO WATCH? now, you would say, "yeah but it dissappears in a few seconds big deal!". however, in professional use, we scrub the footage alot going over it frame by frame. when you do this, the controller doesnt go away. half the time its covering up what youre trying to see. its unreal.

PostPosted: April, 18, 2011 - 2:07pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

it is indeed a worthless piece of shit. i hate it. i have QT7 installed as a utility on all of our Snow Leopard machines. But I can guarantee that wont even be an option with Lion. But with this FCP announcement. We may be moving away from Apple.

PostPosted: April, 19, 2011 - 12:46pm 
Purple Heart

I don't know anything about you guys' work but I agree that the controller being on top of the video is retarded and I could see how goddamn infuriating that would be for what you guys do.

PostPosted: May, 14, 2011 - 12:19pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

This isn't a dig at you Dante...

But seriously, I can't believe people are going to go out and buy a new Iphone just because they're fucking White now. They're advertising the hell out of it on the back of all of my magazines.

FINALLY!!!

"THE AMAZING IPHONE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN WHITE"

Half the people I know that have Iphones have silicone cases around them anyway, who cares if its white.

I wish I was Steve Jobs, minus the pancreatic cancer.

PostPosted: May, 14, 2011 - 12:24pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

i know several people who buy every new iteration of apples shit. then sell off their old one. they just have to have the newest apple gear and show it to people. its really just sad.

PostPosted: May, 14, 2011 - 1:01pm 
The Bearer of Truths

If you're just buying one because it's white, then yeah that's pretty dumb. Maybe people were looking to upgrade anyways and like the white one.

PostPosted: May, 14, 2011 - 2:36pm 
Purple Heart

I remember back in the day when people kept the same phone for 2-3 years. Now it seems like people are buying a new phone every couple of months.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 12:11pm 
Peepers Peeled

APPLE!!!!!!!OMG!!!1!

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 12:26pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Nick wrote:
I remember back in the day when people kept the same phone for 2-3 years. Now it seems like people are buying a new phone every couple of months.

This is still me. I've had only three different phones since 2001.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next