Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently July, 24, 2014 - 8:20am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm selling my life away on eBay
PostPosted: February, 7, 2011 - 9:57am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Super-Mega-thread-necro. With the big move coming up, i'm doing this again. We have so much shit to get rid of, it's not even funny.

1GB (2x512MB) PC2-5300 DDR2 Laptop RAM
Vintage Mamiya Automatic 35 (Tower 39 in USA) Camera
1989 Cadaco All-Star Baseball New-In-Box!
Sports Cards - Entire Collection - MUST GO!!

If anyone wants to buy my cards -- or knows anyone who is interested -- i'm making a trip up that way sometime before we move, and i could bring em up to ya.

PostPosted: February, 7, 2011 - 9:59am 
Level 27 Gardener

I gotta get back into the eBay thing too. Just takes up too much time.

PostPosted: February, 7, 2011 - 3:51pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

I bought a coachella ticket because we where all renting a house, but they sold out before half of us got our tickets. It sold on ebay for double the value :)

PostPosted: February, 11, 2011 - 8:58am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Sean wrote:
Super-Mega-thread-necro. With the big move coming up, i'm doing this again. We have so much shit to get rid of, it's not even funny.

1GB (2x512MB) PC2-5300 DDR2 Laptop RAM
Vintage Mamiya Automatic 35 (Tower 39 in USA) Camera
1989 Cadaco All-Star Baseball New-In-Box!
Sports Cards - Entire Collection - MUST GO!!

If anyone wants to buy my cards -- or knows anyone who is interested -- i'm making a trip up that way sometime before we move, and i could bring em up to ya.

My cards have over 100 views and 8 watchers. hopefully they sell. But i'm not too hopeful. Sigh.
Camera might go for a buck, and honestly i don't care.

PostPosted: February, 11, 2011 - 8:24pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Baseball game is ON FIRE.

PostPosted: April, 10, 2011 - 10:11pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Im getting everything out to try and start selling stuff again. I think on certain items I could get some okay money, but I checked other ones and you know, I think I'd rather just throw this shit in the trash or something. It wouldn't even be worth the effort to make the 5 bucks I'd MAYBE get on some things. Shiiiiiiiit. Now I have a big mess of figures down here with me.

PostPosted: April, 29, 2011 - 10:18am 
Level 27 Gardener

I put a handful of stuff on eBay over the last two days. Mostly action figures, but I think I'm going to start putting up baby stuff. I actually put up my wife's breast pump. It's kinda gross, but looks like lots of people do it and she barely used it. We spent like 300 dollars on that thing and she used it for a week, hopefully I'll recover some of that cost.

I decided that all the action figures I won't make crap off of I'm going to bring to a local toy shop tomorrow and hand them over to those guys. I'll be lucky to walk out of there with 50 bucks, but they've been sitting in boxes in my basement since I moved in, it's time to just get rid of them. Once those are out I'm going to go through all of my old video game magazines and get rid of those too. I have stacks of NP, EGM and GamePro. I'll keep a handful of them though. Some of the early NP issues I'm totally keeping. Next Level Games said they take old magazines. He said I'd get only a couple of cents an issue, but whatever, I warned him I would be showing up with a ridiculous amount of shit at some point and he said fine.

Also, I owe all of my wanting to get rid of shit to Hoarders. Matt Paxton would be proud.

PostPosted: April, 29, 2011 - 12:23pm 
Artist of Life

Phil wrote:
I put a handful of stuff on eBay over the last two days. Mostly action figures, but I think I'm going to start putting up baby stuff. I actually put up my wife's breast pump. It's kinda gross, but looks like lots of people do it and she barely used it. We spent like 300 dollars on that thing and she used it for a week, hopefully I'll recover some of that cost.

I decided that all the action figures I won't make crap off of I'm going to bring to a local toy shop tomorrow and hand them over to those guys. I'll be lucky to walk out of there with 50 bucks, but they've been sitting in boxes in my basement since I moved in, it's time to just get rid of them. Once those are out I'm going to go through all of my old video game magazines and get rid of those too. I have stacks of NP, EGM and GamePro. I'll keep a handful of them though. Some of the early NP issues I'm totally keeping. Next Level Games said they take old magazines. He said I'd get only a couple of cents an issue, but whatever, I warned him I would be showing up with a ridiculous amount of shit at some point and he said fine.

Also, I owe all of my wanting to get rid of shit to Hoarders. Matt Paxton would be proud.

Where is this toy shop that pays money for old toys? I have boxes of shit in my closet that I've wanted to get rid of for years.

PostPosted: April, 29, 2011 - 12:49pm 
Level 27 Gardener

It's called House of Fun on the White Horse pike.

http://www.thehouseoffun.com/

I'll let you know if it's worth bringing your stuff by.

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 1:14am 
I demanded a title change and I got one

Phil wrote:
It's called House of Fun on the White Horse pike.

http://www.thehouseoffun.com/

I'll let you know if it's worth bringing your stuff by.

Where do you guys live? I thought you were more in Central Jersey. How about a Shamoozal happy hour?

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 7:00am 
Level 27 Gardener

Naaa we're South Jersey. I live about 15 minutes south of the Walt Whitman bridge. A Shamoozal meet up could be cool!

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 9:34am 

Phil wrote:
Naaa we're South Jersey. I live about 15 minutes south of the Walt Whitman bridge. A Shamoozal meet up could be cool!

I'm right over the bridge in Philly, lets do it.

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 9:58am 
Shamoozal Legend

I'm in Philly. Where are you again? I'm at 13th and Walnut.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 11:08am 

Russell Casse wrote:
I'm in Philly. Where are you again? I'm at 13th and Walnut.

I just got a place in East Falls last year. I was in Fairmount for about the 5 years before that though. Grew up in the Northeast.

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 12:17pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Ah, good old East Falls... My wife is at Drexel Med. She used to live there. We'll go there every now and then to hang out with her friends.

Grew up in North east Philly huh? You're probably a pretty tough dude.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 3:10pm 
Level 27 Gardener

JW_Number_ONE wrote:

Where is this toy shop that pays money for old toys? I have boxes of shit in my closet that I've wanted to get rid of for years.

So I went over the House of Fun today and got rid of a TON of shit. I made a bit more than I had thought I would (65 bucks). I would have liked to have made more with it. I handed out a lot of good boxed stuff, but they just aren't very rare. Oh well. I just needed to get rid of that stuff. If you're looking to just get rid of stuff quick and make a few dollars I'd say do it. He takes opened/loose figures too. They're worth dick, but its better than throwing them in the trash.

The guys store is AWESOME though. It's like a tiny toy museum. I looked around when I was done trading and I could have spent all my money and went home with more toys easily (though I did buy 2 NES games with the money). So much TMNT, Ghostbusters, He-Man, everything. Figures from the old 89 Batman film, Pee Wee's play house, Power Rangers, Transformers. I could have spent 2 hours in there going through everything. So many memories and obscure shit I've never even seen before. If I had seen a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man figure I would have gotten him in a heart beat. I'm sure he was in there somewhere though, but I didn't want to ask because I knew I'd get it. Also, not too many video games, but what he has is pretty good. Worth the trip just for the blast of the past factor.

Anyway, I'll probably miss my Snake Plissken, Ash from Army of Darkness, and all my Metal Gear Solid 2 figures (minus the two Snakes and Meryl which I kept). I won't really miss any of the Harry Potter and odds and ends though.

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 3:27pm 
Artist of Life

Phil wrote:
JW_Number_ONE wrote:

So I went over the House of Fun today and got rid of a TON of shit. I made a bit more than I had thought I would (65 bucks). I would have liked to have made more with it. I handed out a lot of good boxed stuff, but they just aren't very rare. Oh well. I just needed to get rid of that stuff. If you're looking to just get rid of stuff quick and make a few dollars I'd say do it. He takes opened/loose figures too. They're worth Richard, but its better than throwing them in the trash.

The guys store is AWESOME though. It's like a tiny toy museum. I looked around when I was done trading and I could have spent all my money and went home with more toys easily (though I did buy 2 NES games with the money). So much TMNT, Ghostbusters, He-Man, everything. Figures from the old 89 Batman film, Pee Wee's play house, Power Rangers, Transformers. I could have spent 2 hours in there going through everything. So many memories and obscure shit I've never even seen before. If I had seen a Stay Puft Marshmellow Man figure I would have gotten him in a heart beat. I'm sure he was in there somewhere though, but I didn't want to ask because I knew I'd get it. Also, not too many video games, but what he has is pretty good. Worth the trip just for the blast of the past factor.

Anyway, I'll probably miss my Snake Plissken, Ash from Army of Darkness, and all my Metal Gear Solid 2 figures (minus the two Snakes and Meryl which I kept). I won't really miss any of the Harry Potter and odds and ends though.

This guy took everything you had? I figure a lot of shit I have isn't worth anything to begin with and I'm too lazy to deal with Ebay. As long as he gives me something for it, I'll be happy. Sounds like something I'll be checking out.

PostPosted: April, 30, 2011 - 3:33pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Yeah he'll take anything, toys and games alike. All of my loose figures were missing weapons/items because I always threw them out thinking I would never sell my figures.

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 12:53am 
Corporal Shamoozal

So I sold my wii with some wiimotes on ebay, shipped it nice and snug and made sure everything worked before i shipped it. The buyer said it broke after an hour and that he wants a full refund. I put no returns in the description but I have a feeling i'll just end up getting a broken wii back and being out 100$ :(

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 8:31am 
Level 27 Gardener

You sold your Wii? A dark day indeed.

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 8:40am 
Level 27 Gardener

Speaking of which, I have a handful of things I still want to sell on eBay, but it's good to know that since starting this thread I've gotten through most of it.

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 9:55am 
Purple Heart

William Smith wrote:
So I sold my wii with some wiimotes on ebay, shipped it nice and snug and made sure everything worked before i shipped it. The buyer said it broke after an hour and that he wants a full refund. I put no returns in the description but I have a feeling i'll just end up getting a broken wii back and being out 100$ :(

You put no returns...so no returns.

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 12:06pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

No, apparently my agreement with paypal makes that no returns policy I have null, so it's really a trick ebay pulls on you.

And yeah I sold my wii, I'm holding onto my ps3 until wii U :(

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 12:22pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

had you used another form of payment, it wouldn't have been null. but yeah, paypal will make you give a refund. did you check serial numbers and shit when you sent it? some fuckers might try to send you back a different wii. make him pay return shipping. if he is cheap he will send it back as cheap as possible with no tracking or insurance. if he does, tell him it never got to you.

PostPosted: July, 20, 2011 - 1:01pm 
Level 27 Gardener

William Smith wrote:
No, apparently my agreement with paypal makes that no returns policy I have null, so it's really a trick ebay pulls on you.

And yeah I sold my wii, I'm holding onto my ps3 until wii U :(

Pshhhh, have fun not playing Skyward Sword. Hur hur hur.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next