Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 22, 2014 - 8:35pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: apple
PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 12:33pm 
Purple Heart

If I don't keep mime AT LEAST a year I would feel ripped off.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 12:34pm 
THE GENERAL

I think I had 5 different phones since 2000 so I'm at like a 2 year per phone pace.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 12:52pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I think 2 years is about average right? At least after 2 years, you're eligible for a free upgrade. I just recently got a new phone. I was eligible since 2009... I guess I was just putting it off.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 1:03pm 
Purple Heart

I don't know how it is down there but up here the majority of companies (not mine :) )make you sign a contract for X number of years. The thing is if you go for the 3 year contract you can get most phones for free or at a substantially lower price ($25-100) or "free" the problem is most people wither want a new phone or break their phone before that's up. So they either need to buy a new phone (at full price) and switch the sim card or buy out their contract.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 1:08pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Well if you want a new phone every year, it makes sense you have to pay for it. Phones aren't cheap. As for breaking your phone, well you only have yourself to blame for that. The only time I broke my phone was when I jumped into a swimming pool with it in my pocket by accident.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 1:26pm 
Purple Heart

A lot of people have warranties/phone insurance that covers all kinds of things but they NEVER cover water damage. Guess what the most common phone ending damage is lol. What most people don't know is that the thing that indicated water damage is on your battery so you can just let your phone dry out a bit, switch it out and then bring the phone in.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 1:55pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Nick wrote:
A lot of people have warranties/phone insurance that covers all kinds of things but they NEVER cover water damage. Guess what the most common phone ending damage is lol. What most people don't know is that the thing that indicated water damage is on your battery so you can just let your phone dry out a bit, switch it out and then bring the phone in.

Haha AT&T insurance is basically this. If the software fucks up they might swap one out, but any physical damage at all you're fucked, even if something just falls apart.

I just keep a phone until it breaks, I usually get an iphone and it usually breaks so I just get a flip phone until my contract is back.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 1:59pm 
The Bearer of Truths

William Smith wrote:
I just keep a phone until it breaks, I usually get an iphone and it usually breaks so I just get a flip phone until my contract is back.

Take care of your shit!

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 2:00pm 
Purple Heart

Dude I've had my Blackberry since September and So far my only issue is a dead battery. I have a year warrenty so I just go in and they give me a new one. I'll probably do it again in late August even if my battery is fine.

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 2:03pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Dante369 wrote:
William Smith wrote:

Take care of your shit!

well my first iphone's screen cracked, second one I jumped into a pool like Russell, the third one got stolen. on the fourth :|

PostPosted: May, 16, 2011 - 2:09pm 
Sergeant Major Manf

Johnny Manf wrote:
I think I had 5 different phones since 2000 so I'm at like a 2 year per phone pace.

I think I have had 3 cell phones total in my entire life, and I had one way back in '93....

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:05pm 
Shamoozal Legend

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/macheads/

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:28pm 
High School Bully

This is almost painful to watch so far. Holy fucking shit.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:31pm 
Shamoozal Legend

To be honest, it's no worse than watching those Star Trek documentaries. It's interesting.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:34pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
To be honest, it's no worse than watching those Star Trek documentaries. It's interesting.

I've always wanted to watch one of those too. They should do a video game one following console specific fanboys. I'd love it.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:34pm 
The Bearer of Truths

hahaha, this is awesome. You know that dude with the Steve Job's shirt and the kilt gets all the ladies at MacWorld.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:35pm 
High School Bully

Holy crap at this Opera for Pigs lady. Ohhh my gooood.

edit: her husbands clothes are amazing.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:36pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Phil wrote:
Russell Casse wrote:

I've always wanted to watch one of those too. They should do a video game one following console specific fanboys. I'd love it.

I think that might only work with Nintendo as they're the only ones that's been around long enough for the story to be interesting.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:39pm 
High School Bully

You kidding? Sony's been around for half our lifetime now. Someone that's in their early 20s probably grew up with a Playstation. You're forgetting your age. And then the XBros, I mean, they're already amazing.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:42pm 
Shamoozal Legend

I say give it another 10 years. It needs to be in the 2020's and then seeing videos from the 90's.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:44pm 
Purple Heart

Phil wrote:
You kidding? Sony's been around for half our lifetime now. Someone that's in their early 20s probably grew up with a Playstation. You're forgetting your age. And then the XBros, I mean, they're already amazing.

I'm 19 and PS1/N64 were huge when I was in elementary school.

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:48pm 
High School Bully

Nick wrote:
Phil wrote:

I'm 19 and PS1/N64 were huge when I was in elementary school.

There's the answer!

PostPosted: May, 24, 2011 - 2:52pm 
Purple Heart

I do agree with waiting though cause I feel like console gaming is really going to start wrecking peoples lives soon. Hell it's already ruining kids sleep and I think it's just going to get worse.

You know it's bad when more people were all pissed about not being able to play PS3 online than they were about the fact that their CC info may have been stolen. I heard all kinds of " WHY ISN'T IT BACK UP" and almost know "I just want them to come out and tell me the chances of my CC being compromised".

PostPosted: June, 24, 2011 - 10:54am 
Shamoozal Warrior

They didn't really tell people what features were available in their new version of Final Cut, well now that users have it, there is a list. This came from conan ripping it a new one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRzLP0FJ82I

this product is completely useless now.

PostPosted: June, 24, 2011 - 8:53pm 
Peepers Peeled

apple. love them.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next