Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently November, 27, 2014 - 7:39am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: American Horror Story
PostPosted: August, 22, 2011 - 10:30am 
THE GENERAL

My wife actually mentioned this show to me because she knows I like creepy stuff.
One major turn off is its from the creators of Glee and Nip/Tuck. One positive though is FX picked it up so it could be a little edgier, in a 10PM slot.
Anyway, it starts on October 5th.
There's no real synopsis besides it deals with a haunted house. Starring Connie Britton, Dylan McDermott, Jessica Lange, Denis O’Hare, and Taissa Farmiga.

There's a bunch of creepy teasers but no actual footage from the show.
Here's a few of them.

Post subject: Re: American Horror Story
PostPosted: August, 22, 2011 - 11:41am 
Shamoozal Warrior

i thought nip tuck was pretty good for the first few seasons. say what you want about glee, they certainly grabbed their audience.

PostPosted: September, 7, 2011 - 7:25am 
THE GENERAL

actual footage in this teaser

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 7:38am 
THE GENERAL

PostPosted: September, 30, 2011 - 10:03pm 
THE GENERAL

First 5 minutes of the debut episode
http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-5-minute ... ror-story/

PostPosted: November, 6, 2011 - 6:22pm 
Peepers Peeled

so i checked this out this past weekend. watched like three eps in a row. its pretty good stuff. the writing was good and the characters are decent. jessica lange in particular is always fun to watch as she plays a decent bitch. it's got a solid, haunted house premise, and i'm interested in seeing how it all plays out. unfortunately, i don't know how long the writers can play it out. in the very least, the red headed nanny character is out of control hot so it has that going for it.

i give it a thumbs up.

PostPosted: November, 6, 2011 - 8:46pm 
THE GENERAL

Nice, glad someone else is watching it.
I'm enjoying it. But I feel the same way. How long can this go? If bad shit keeps happening then they would move whether they could afford it or not.
It was renewed for Season 2 I think. I don't even know how this would continue into another season.

PostPosted: November, 6, 2011 - 9:09pm 
Peepers Peeled

right. i mean, unless season 2 just deals with a brand new haunted house. like right now, the family knows wierd shit is going on, but can't quite put a finger on it. i'm at ep three and the mom already wants out of the house. however once they know the place really is effed up, they would just leave.

of course this chick is just outrageously hot:

PostPosted: November, 7, 2011 - 9:54am 
Peepers Peeled

there are defiantely silly stuff going on with this show, which is why i cant see this show going on for too long. like form ep 4: vivian gets sick and goes to the hospital. the nurse does an ultrasound and passses out when she sees the baby in there. the are not in the least concerned by this apparently. now i know that their daughter calls for help and run out of hte hospital, but they have to get back to that.

then, as much as i liekd sylar playing the flamming gay homo haha, how did they not stop to ask the realtor if this was the real deal? im assuming the realtor went out and found her "fluffer" for them, and that he would show up. they dont realize AFTER the shennanigans are pulled that they are not alive? this wouldnt cause them to just leave the house immediately?

then th retard gets killed by a hit and run. the medics are working on her ot save her, but then her mom pulls her away presumably to die on the property so she can be a ghost there. now, the medics would NOT have allowed her to do that, and im sure she would now be facing criminal charges. a better and cleaner way to have hanlded this would be to just have her find the retard first as the medics are coming and she desperately pulls her over. THEN the medics show up. same results, but more believable.

also, the daughter has zero problems accepting that this strange kid somehow has the ability to appear in her basement from seemingly no where and never sees him outside anywhere? this doesnt conern her in THE LEAST?

all that said, the show is pretty creepy and i do enjoy watching it. im sticking with it.

PostPosted: November, 7, 2011 - 10:44am 
Shamoozal Warrior

it is pretty weird and sometimes random. but i have to say it has grabbed me too.

although if they really wanted to sell that place, you know there would be some murder nut that would love to buy it and pay full price. i guess you just kind of have to accept the fact they are "stuck" there.

PostPosted: November, 7, 2011 - 11:57am 
Peepers Peeled

yeah i can accept that they are stuck there too. i dont think ive seen a show like this that is a classic haunted house story. its pretty cool.

PostPosted: November, 7, 2011 - 12:19pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

you can definitely tell its from the nip/tuck guys.

PostPosted: November, 10, 2011 - 10:14am 
Peepers Peeled

thank god one of hte main characers finally woke up to the fact that there are ghosts running around. they just couldnt keep that up much longer without them just looking foolish. thats my biggest problem with this show. like, the dead chick in the back of the police car dissappeared (to be fair security car), and he had ZERO problems with that. i mean, he was in mid sentence with her when she dissappeared. his explaination was, "she must've bailed at a traffic light".

otherwise its ok. i do like the fact that tate is ignorant of whats going on. he's just lost and thinks he's still alive. i htink he's the most interesting character besides the dad. he just wants to bang everything in sight haahahh also the brain eating scene was pretty good, too. like, she started eating it, and at the end was kinda out of it. for me some of the appeal has worn off a bit since the first few eps, but its still good.

PostPosted: November, 10, 2011 - 11:31am 
Shamoozal Warrior

I actually think it just started getting good. I was kind of meh on it before. But the last 2 eps have been drawn me in a lot.

PostPosted: November, 11, 2011 - 3:17pm 
Major Zero

I'm enjoying the show but a lot of it is pretty cheesy...why the hell are they still living in the house after all this crap. I understand they can't afford to move but come on. Also I can't believe they showed the school shooting. That was pretty nutty

PostPosted: November, 11, 2011 - 4:49pm 
THE GENERAL

Yeah they showed it for a long time too. It was pretty brutal, minus any blood or anything.
When he blasted the kid up onto the table it was crazy.

PostPosted: November, 17, 2011 - 10:49am 
Peepers Peeled

so i missed a bit with the part with the elephant man living in the attic hah. who was it that went up there and killed him? his dad? the same guy who slept with the maid? i wonder if he's the uy in the black sex suit. constantine's dead husband i mean. i liked last night's episode alot. the baby stuff was good.

btw, does it distract anyone else when they literally play the music from bram stoker's dracula? which btw that movie is awesome, too.

PostPosted: November, 17, 2011 - 11:18am 
Major Zero

Frank wrote:
so i missed a bit with the part with the elephant man living in the attic hah. who was it that went up there and killed him? his dad? the same guy who slept with the maid? i wonder if he's the uy in the black sex suit. constantine's dead husband i mean. i liked last night's episode alot. the baby stuff was good.

btw, does it distract anyone else when they literally play the music from bram stoker's dracula? which btw that movie is awesome, too.

The thing in the attic is Constances son. That crazy guy with the half burnt face is in love with Constance and in the beginning of the episode it showed a flashback from back in the day before he had the burnt face. Him and Constance agreed to kill him or something. So then the half burnt face guy tells his wife hes in love with Constance and she kills herself and their children by setting the room on fire - and i guess that burnt his face and stuff - so he lied in the earlier episodes about killing his family.

I still can't figure out who the guy in the black suit is.

PostPosted: December, 1, 2011 - 1:22pm 
Major Zero

This shows kind of losing me. Keeps getting more and more outrageous every episode

PostPosted: December, 1, 2011 - 6:17pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

It is getting weirder and weirder. But it kind of keeps drawing me in with all the freakishness. I still dig it, but it is going to eventually just become a soap opera with dead people.

PostPosted: December, 8, 2011 - 11:56am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Did not see that shit coming last night. Great episode.

PostPosted: December, 8, 2011 - 7:51pm 
Major Zero

IratePrimate wrote:
Did not see that shit coming last night. Great episode.

I liked it too...pulled me back in after the previous few episodes. Can't believe Violet is DEAD!

PostPosted: December, 8, 2011 - 8:57pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Yeah it was unraveling a bit. But I honestly haven't lost interest yet. The weirdness kept me into it.

PostPosted: December, 15, 2011 - 12:07am 
Shamoozal Warrior

holy. shit.

PostPosted: December, 16, 2011 - 9:15am 
THE GENERAL

how the hell is this show going to continue?
wild.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next