Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently November, 28, 2014 - 4:23am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: US Legal System/Death Penalty
PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:26am 
Shamoozal Legend

Well so much for that article

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/21/troy-davis-executed_n_975109.html

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 7:55am 
Secret Fan

Meh, the only problem I have with the death penalty is the fact that people make mistakes, alot. If you could give me 100% assurance on every case that'd be cool. Lessening the cost and speeding up the process also doesn't seem to work for me either, there's no way in hell I'm being pinned for a murder and not having my opportunity to make appeals, etc.

However, slave labour I'm not above. Doing time in the clink should be more severe. Get these fuckers out and building pyramids or something. 12 hours a day in the hot sun pulling 1 ton blocks of stone. I don't know what prison is like down south, but up here those fuckers get cable and shit.

Also, even if you got rid of the appeals process and used bullets instead of lethal injection then apparently you aren't really going to solve the economics issue. Check out this shit:

Quote:
The greatest costs associated with the death penalty occur prior to and during trial, not in post-conviction proceedings. Even if all post-conviction proceedings (appeals) were abolished, the death penalty would still be more expensive than alternative sentences.

quoted from Amnesty International

I don't know, Canadians tend to be pinko hippies I guess, but at least our legal system is pretty cheap when you compare it to yours. Also, with all the crazy social spending we do and those bailouts after the 2008 bubble burst our national debt is still only $568 billion. Which works out to be about $16,000 per person. That's not bad, especially when you guys are up to what, $14.7 trillion? That's a debt of $131,000 to every tax paying American in your country.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 9:42am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Dr Gaius Baltar wrote:
However, slave labour I'm not above. Doing time in the clink should be more severe. Get these fuckers out and building pyramids or something. 12 hours a day in the hot sun pulling 1 ton blocks of stone. I don't know what prison is like down south, but up here those fuckers get cable and shit.

The American pyramids would be nice.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 10:28am 
Shamoozal Warrior

i agree with the slave labor thing. only problem is it makes it easier for them to escape..which is probably why they don't do it. if they would do what they were told, they probably wouldn't be prisoners in the first place.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:18pm 
Purple Heart

Just chain big groups of them together.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:39pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

still have to house them somewhere, which means a labor camp or whatever..either way, too easy to escape.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:42pm 
The Bearer of Truths

IratePrimate wrote:
still have to house them somewhere, which means a labor camp or whatever..either way, too easy to escape.

Australia.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:47pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

if there weren't so many bleeding hearts i think that putting them on an island filled with hidden cameras and making it a reality show would be awesome.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 1:50pm 
Shamoozal Legend

People wouldn't be able to stomach all the anal rape.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 2:02pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

dude, did you never watch OZ. they could just cut to where you saw less of the rape. i think the probably torture would be worse. either way, if they don't like it they dont have to watch.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 2:22pm 
Shamoozal Legend

They might as well just pit them against each other and bring back the gladiator arenas. Or like The Running Man.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 2:33pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

yeah but i think the idea of setting them free if they win is flawed. cause you can't let someone that bad ass out in the world.

PostPosted: September, 22, 2011 - 3:17pm 
Secret Fan

IratePrimate wrote:
yeah but i think the idea of setting them free if they win is flawed. cause you can't let someone that bad ass out in the world.

Unless you make their reward more punishment.

However, instead of gladiator arenas I prefer the notion of explosive collars that are triggered by tampering with them or exceeding the defined parameters of their work environment. Also, put RFID tags in their food and medical innoculations so they can be tracked on the off-chance one of them is smart enough to remove the collar even with the built in anti-tampering features. However, I believe upon their recapture that they should be given a job in the CIA or something doing something productive with their obvious talents. Then, on top of that, if they can still evade captivity and forced labour beyond all these measures, then we should just accept them as being the next phase in human evolution as it is apparent they are probably more human than human... and well we shouldn't fuck with progress, so let 'em go hoss.

Pyramids are still a neccesity of the phase I project though. However, if we decide we no longer need pyramids, but want to continue the pyramid building project, then we can just force them to deconstruct the pyramid they just built, piece by piece, and then reconstruct it 5 meters to the left of the original position. It's an indignity of incredible proportions.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2