Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently September, 20, 2014 - 1:54am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Mario Kart 7 Official Thread
PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 11:04am 
High School Bully

I imagine a few of us are going to be getting Kart this weekend or in the near future, it deserves a thread for us to talk about and share friend codes.

Actually, word on the street is that it has community codes, so I'll make a Shamoozal community and then we only need that code for all of us to play together.

I was pretty pumped, but rumor has it that snaking is back. I will be so fucking pissed if they put snaking back into this game. Shit is game breaking and after years of MKWii, I refuse to go back to a world of snaking.

Post subject: Re: Mario Kart 7 Official Thread
PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 12:18pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Why is it game breaking? It's a technique.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 12:26pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
Why is it game breaking? It's a technique.

Worst fucking technique ever. It essentially boils the game down to who can snake the best.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 12:37pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Well you may not be a fan of it but game breaking is not the right description.

But I agree that Mario Kart Wii was probably a better game without it. But there are also plenty of things to abuse in that game as well.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 1:13pm 
Purple Heart

I always just thought it was annoying.

Anyway, didn't even know this was out this weekend. Nice surprise.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 1:17pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
Well you may not be a fan of it but game breaking is not the right description.

But I agree that Mario Kart Wii was probably a better game without it. But there are also plenty of things to abuse in that game as well.

What can you abuse in MKW that is comparable to snaking?

And I was into the whole snaking thing too, but then it dawned on me what it was doing to the game. It just turns it into a big snake session and it's bullshit.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 1:26pm 
Shamoozal Legend

There's plenty of "short cuts" in MKW that literally breaks the tracks. But that's a bit different since they were not intended by the programmers.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 1:35pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
There's plenty of "short cuts" in MKW that literally breaks the tracks. But that's a bit different since they were not intended by the programmers.

And those short cuts are like impossible to do when you're playing with others. They usually require very strategic mushrooms and for the person to be in a certain place, things that probably aren't in your favor when playing with people.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 1:39pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Yeah, they are very situational. But I agree with you though. The mechanic in MKW is probably the best. I'm not sure why they would change it. I guess too many people were complaining.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 4:57pm 
Purple Heart

No early copies of Mario Kart at Game Alley. Boss man forgot to order them. damn.

PostPosted: December, 2, 2011 - 4:59pm 
High School Bully

Nate wrote:
No early copies of Mario Kart at Game Alley. Boss man forgot to order them. damn.

That son of a bitch. That's okay, I'm so busy with SS and really enjoying Shadow Wars.

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 4:30pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

I'll leave it to phil to set up a community, so post up the code whenever you get a hold of the game.

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 4:34pm 
High School Bully

Will do. I may not be able to get it until tomorrow. Wife decided to take an all day shopping trip with people from her work and I have no idea when she'll be back.

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 6:56pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

I got it this morning, played the first four circuits on 50cc. The 3d looks real nice, as I expected. I noticed it doesn't seem to have as many Blue shells anymore, but theres probably a tone more on the higher cc.

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 8:02pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Bowie wrote:
I got it this morning, played the first four circuits on 50cc. The 3d looks real nice, as I expected. I noticed it doesn't seem to have as many Blue shells anymore, but theres probably a tone more on the higher cc.

You can certainly be put from first to last in 100/150cc, but it's pretty rare to get destroyed by the blue's.

This and Mario 3D look fucking stunning, everyone was hating on le 3D but if you play one of these it should blow your mind.

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 9:08pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

actually, I retract that. Online you just get raped by the blue shell

PostPosted: December, 4, 2011 - 9:08pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

actually, I retract that. Online you just get raped by the blue shell

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 12:30am 
Purple Heart

This game is great! Some of these new courses are blowing me away. I love that there are really long courses with 3 sections in addition to ones you're doing 3 laps around. The pilotwings, Wario and (Wii?) Music levels are my favorites so far. The raccoon tail seems pretty clutch too. Saved me a couple races when red shells were on me towards the end.

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 9:52pm 
High School Bully

Our community code is

55-8989-9962-5169

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 11:08pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Phil wrote:
Our community code is

55-8989-9962-5169

i'll see you on the tracks

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 11:09pm 
High School Bully

Played about an hour of this tonight. My hand started cramping up bad though so I stopped. You need like a death grip on this thing. I could actually see the bulk of the frankenstick working in this games favor to be honest. Or maybe even that wheel attachment just because of the extra grip.

Anyway it's very cool. I was shocked to see that there are TWO types of blue shells. The standard original over the head explosion and the N64 crawl through the crowd until it hits first place blue shell. Holy moses. I decided to start right at 150cc and had no trouble blazing through the first three cups. A couple of them got a little hairy, but thats mainly because I don't know the tracks and the handling is off to what I'm used to playing in MKW (I'll find my perfect racer soon enough. Right now it's Toad with the best acceleration and handling I can get).

Also, since you spend time in the air, red shells actually fly. I was a bit shocked on that one. I think flying is awesome. I like how it's designed to want to keep you in the air by having air drifts around to keep you hanging longer. I thought flying would slow you up, but it actually makes you go just as fast, maybe faster. Swiming sucks. Koopa Cape is ruined because the big tube that used to have the rays to make you smaller has just been replaced with a big water tube. I'll be doing everything in my best interest to stay out of the water if I can. Still, the variety is neat.

The new courses are cool. I'm a little sad that the racing list has been reduced to 8 players again. Love having 12 on the course from MKW. I did a few rounds online and did okay. Of course the dudes from other countries already know the courses inside and out and whoop everyone. I did manage to snag one first, a third, and sadly a seventh. Blows you can't play regionally either from what I can see.

I can see this game getting a lot of play time... though I was getting into Shadow Wars. I'll probably just blow through 150CC and swap back to Shadow Wars for a single player game, and then throw this in for some online here and there.

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 11:24pm 
High School Bully

Oh yeah and power slides work just like in MKW, so there is no snaking. And the new Lucky 7 item is so awesome. You become a complete monster with seven items spinning around you. It's insane.

PostPosted: December, 5, 2011 - 11:51pm 
Purple Heart

If you do all shells, Lucky 7 gives you 7 red shells. They all circle around you and you just deal death wherever you go. It's madness.

PostPosted: December, 6, 2011 - 9:50am 
High School Bully

Nate wrote:
If you do all shells, Lucky 7 gives you 7 red shells. They all circle around you and you just deal death wherever you go. It's madness.

Wow nice. When I had it last night I had a bit of everything. It felt good as shit using my star and having two reds and a bomb still circling around me.

I miss the cloud item though. :(

PostPosted: December, 6, 2011 - 2:55pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

when you get lucky 7 you dominate. I wonder if im the only onw finding battle mode to be pretty fun?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next