Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 20, 2014 - 4:06am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: apple
PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 9:38pm 
Purple Heart

Also I understand if they make a different model like this (like the macbook air) but it should only be a model, there should also be a version with those things.

PostPosted: May, 19, 2012 - 11:32pm 
Shamoozal Legend

You're not the target audience for that kind of computer. They're streamlined for these guys.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 6:29am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Yeah I could do without ethernet and a CD drive, pretty sure most people who use macs use wifi only. I'd love to hate apple with all of you but I've loved my macbook for the past 4 years, and every time i switch out of an iphone i get fucked over by a shitty blackberry/android/htc phone and end up running back. What's everybody's problem with the apple store? whenever i have an iphone issue they get to me in 10 minutes and just give me a new phone. Maybe its just your apple store? (also there's an apple store a 5 minute walk from ATT so i dont mind)

Apple used to be primarily hipster, but I haven't run into an apple shit head in years, they know the products are overpriced but they love them anyways.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 6:45am 
Shamoozal Vet

William Smith wrote:
Yeah I could do without ethernet and a CD drive, pretty sure most people who use macs use wifi only. I'd love to hate apple with all of you but I've loved my macbook for the past 4 years, and every time i switch out of an iphone i get fucked over by a shitty blackberry/android/htc phone and end up running back. What's everybody's problem with the apple store? whenever i have an iphone issue they get to me in 10 minutes and just give me a new phone. Maybe its just your apple store? (also there's an apple store a 5 minute walk from ATT so i dont mind)

Apple used to be primarily hipster, but I haven't run into an apple shit head in years, they know the products are overpriced but they love them anyways.

if you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, you are the sucker

- You were supposed to fire up. _We_ both fired _up_.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 8:13am 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
You're not the target audience for that kind of computer. They're streamlined for these guys.

Fuck man, I hit a lot of those points. I'm like borderline hipster or something.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 11:45am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Invisible Swordsman wrote:
William Smith wrote:

if you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, you are the sucker

Boom.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 1:24pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Phil wrote:
Fuck man, I hit a lot of those points. I'm like borderline hipster or something.

I guess now we can no longer be friends.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 4:56pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Are you referencing something or calling me a sucker?

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 5:22pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
Phil wrote:

I guess now we can no longer be friends.

Don't worry, once you get that job you'll be a hipster in less than 3 months.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 6:11pm 
Purple Heart

William Smith wrote:
Yeah I could do without ethernet and a CD drive, pretty sure most people who use macs use wifi only.

Like I said I understand that people may not use those things but that is what the Macbook Air is for, exchanging features for a thinner laptop. I don't have a problem with an option to not have those things but I'm saying that if the only option is to have less features and you can't get this same model (that is apparently 17% faster than the old one or something) with the option for ethernet and cds then I am against this. In my dorm room I had my laptop connected to the internet via ethernet cable basically 8 months straight. The only way you could download TV/Movies through our campus P2P program was to be plugged in through ethernet and I used that a ton.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 6:29pm 
Shamoozal Legend

You should probably just get a PC.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 7:29pm 
Purple Heart

I'd rather not bring both.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 7:40pm 
The Bearer of Truths

You could, you know, not buy a mac...

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 8:14pm 
Purple Heart

I know and I personally am not interested in a Mac anyways but this seems like a shitty move for people who would like this features and are Mac users.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 11:06pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

The only thing i hate apple for is the length of their fucking headphones, I'm not even that tall and they cant reach my ears (6ft).

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 11:42pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Apple's headphones are terrible. You should be using an after market one.

PostPosted: May, 20, 2012 - 11:52pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Russell Casse wrote:
Apple's headphones are terrible. You should be using an after market one.

well i usually use the bulky headphones, but i already have like 4 or 5 apple ones, but only one of the apple ones that is long enough. So i always end up mucking myself by bringing the short one.

PostPosted: May, 21, 2012 - 2:22am 
Purple Heart

I used Apple headphones for years until I broke my pair and I got some Sony in ear ear buds for like half the price that are substantially better.

PostPosted: May, 21, 2012 - 4:36pm 
Peepers Peeled

nick, you've got it all wrong. removing things like disc drives or ether net ports is an upgrade. well i mean its an upgrade for apple. they take that shit out, cut the bottom line, and yet still charge you the same price. unfortunately, that's not an entirely apple's fault. that's business at large.

however, stripping features out and calling it innovative and user friendly is all apple.

also, mac's do have anti virus software and they do indeed get viruses. my old work computer had anti-virus software on it. in fact a nasty one was going around maybe a few weeks ago that wiped people's shit out. clearly, you're getting a taste of apple-tards possibly at school? i feel for you and understand your pain. know that you are not alone hah

PostPosted: May, 21, 2012 - 9:34pm 
Purple Heart

I'm completely fine with people who own apple products and enjoy them, I'm just not that big on the business practices, although from a sales perspective they're genius. I just hate the Mac users who bring up the same shit over and over. Like I never come out shit talking Macs, it's always the Mac user who brings up shit about how great it is and they frequently say the same shit and are shocked that you are uninterested in purchasing a Mac.

I love iPods and the iPhone seems fine but with the iPhone it's almost like people scoff at you for having a Blackberry. I'm sorry I have more people I want to talk to on BBM vs iMessage, I prefer having actual keys on my phone and I prefer the BB version of Twitter. I have a preference but I'm not going "Ewww you bought an iPhone". Look the iPhone is fine. I prefer the Browser, TSN app and FB app on it as well as youtube although I don't use Youtube often with 3G. The only serious issue I have is the touch screen typing with no other option. If it had both touch and physical keys (kind of like a BB Torch) I actually might buy one. It's fine to fire off a quick response of a few words but I do not like typing up paragraph-like texts (Which I do send) or larger BBM messages with touch. I know people say you get used to it but I have an iPod Touch and I have used it with wi-fi a decent amount and I never got used to the touch typing.

PostPosted: May, 21, 2012 - 10:26pm 
Peepers Peeled

the next time you find yourself in that convo just do what i do and tell them to go fuck themselves.

PostPosted: May, 21, 2012 - 11:18pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Yeah, I don't understand why you're trying to justify your stance to us. Just go tell those ass clowns to F off.

PostPosted: May, 22, 2012 - 3:48am 
Purple Heart

I read some of my earlier posts and they sounded anti-Apple/Apple fans so I just wanted to clarify where I stand.

PostPosted: May, 22, 2012 - 3:45pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

fanboys of any kind should be burned. if you have brand loyalty, you are a fukin moron. i dont give a shit about what brand it is.. end of story.

PostPosted: May, 22, 2012 - 5:34pm 
Purple Heart

Exactly man. If I try something and like it better than I'm using I'll switch (assuming I can afford it). I switched from a Rio Nitrus to a 30 GB iPod Video and since then I have stuck with Apple for my portable music needs (I went from video to the 4th gen Nano to a 64GB touch).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 498 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next