Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 24, 2014 - 9:34am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: This Weather
PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 12:44pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

I just drove around a bit, theres a bunch of branches down but nothing big. On Delaware, before the courthouse, a tree fell onto a house. They had the road closed and 2 tree crews were out taking care of that. No power lost here, some flickers last night thats about it.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 12:55pm 
Purple Heart

It was nasty out last night, high winds and lots of rain, but we never lost power or flooded. Guess we were in a safer spot. I've seen pictures of the tornado in Delaware. That shit was crazy.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 2:17pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Yeah we were pretty fortunate last night too. I looked out there at one point (thinking about going to Johns for some drinks) and it was pretty insane and I decided to stay in. The trees were blowing everywhere. Other than some sticks in the yard I *think* everything is okay.

Joe doesn't have it so good. They had a tree fall on their power line outside. It sparked for a while until it finally exploded. Their whole block is out, and who knows for how long. That whole area has bad flooding problems so right now he has his pumps running on a generator he borrowed from his work. I may actually have to call out of work tomorrow if they don't get power back. The babysitter the girls go to is on the same block. She's out of power and her basement is flooded too, so we'll see what happens there.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 3:11pm 
THE GENERAL

I had some flood problems. My basement storage room flooded and started coming into my Bar room. Well not into it but underneath the wood laminate floor. I wouldn't really be that upset if that was it. But also the spare bedroom in the basement flooded all in one corner. The whole room didn't get wet but one corner is pretty soaked. It sucks. I don't really know what to do. Right now I have the carpet partially pulled up and fans running on it top dry it off but its probably gonna smell down there. I have to air that shit out and see what happens. Gonna borrow a wet-vac from my cousin later on tonight for the storage room.

My basement is already finished and I hear its about $3000-5000 for a french drain on an UN-finished basement. So I imagine its a lot more to do it now. This blows. Mandy is already panicking and looking into getting a home equity loan to do all these things because we can't really be throwing that much money around. And we have one of her friends' husband coming out to see what our options are.

Fuck Irene that sickle bitch.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 3:30pm 
Purple Heart

I was shocked we didnt have any issues, we have one little drain by the backdoor and if that clogs we are fucked. It has happened before and luckily I have been home every time. But the drain worked overtime for us and nothing happened. We had some downed branches and the back of our backyard is like a lake now but other than that everything is cool.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 4:06pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

I'm sure there are options for your basement so you don't have to tear it up, just have to be creative. Yesterday was worst case scenario, saturated grounds with rain we never see.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 4:40pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Johnny Manf wrote:
I had some flood problems. My basement storage room flooded and started coming into my Bar room. Well not into it but underneath the wood laminate floor. I wouldn't really be that upset if that was it. But also the spare bedroom in the basement flooded all in one corner. The whole room didn't get wet but one corner is pretty soaked. It sucks. I don't really know what to do. Right now I have the carpet partially pulled up and fans running on it top dry it off but its probably gonna smell down there. I have to air that shit out and see what happens. Gonna borrow a wet-vac from my cousin later on tonight for the storage room.

My basement is already finished and I hear its about $3000-5000 for a french drain on an UN-finished basement. So I imagine its a lot more to do it now. This blows. Mandy is already panicking and looking into getting a home equity loan to do all these things because we can't really be throwing that much money around. And we have one of her friends' husband coming out to see what our options are.

Fuck Irene that sickle bitch.

Ouch, that sucks man. Have you gotten water under the laminate before? I've heard that shit can peel, I don't really know for sure though. Hopefully not. Even though this is a worst case scenario like Jim said, it's probably still a good idea looking into a drain or pump. It's done my sister and Joe wonders. I hear you on the money though. Just sucks ass.

So the secret worst thing that happened to my place was this giant bee hive I discovered right behind my car in the driveway. I saw there was a bee crawling on it so I knew it had to be bad news. Bought some spray and doused the shit out of it. There still wasn't too much movement but I did see a few more bees. I grabbed a rake, braced myself, and beat the shit out of it to see what I could stir up. A few flew out. I decided to flip it with the rake and there were a shit ton of them dying on the ground. I gave it some time, then I moved it right under my tire and ran it over. I think it's pretty well done. They weren't looking good though, they must have been kind of water logged from the start.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 5:02pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Its beautiful out right now, we haven't had a breeze like this in forever. The windows are opening and I can finally air out this stinky ass place.

PostPosted: August, 28, 2011 - 5:10pm 
THE GENERAL

Yeah I'm airing it out too. I'm a sweaty mess though. Just tore up all the padding under the carpet and dried everything else up. Had to move those big ass DVD things around the room as I maneuvered things.

I don't really care about that room so I'll probably just leave it un-carpeted for a while.

PostPosted: August, 29, 2011 - 1:42pm 
The Bearer of Truths

PostPosted: August, 29, 2011 - 1:48pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Oh shit.

PostPosted: August, 29, 2011 - 3:33pm 
Purple Heart

where i deliver they got flooded real bad. One street i couldnt go down b/c the water was covering the road. I saw ppl using a boat to get to their front door adn they didnt live right on the creek. The ppl on that road that was closed were prolly way worse.

Which is why i wanna punch ppl on facebook when i see them saying see i told ya so i knew the storm was nothing. So much for hurricane irene. Im sure if they were one of these ppl with flood damage or no power they wouldnt be saying shit.

PostPosted: August, 29, 2011 - 3:40pm 
Level 27 Gardener

Yeah I love how just because it didn't happen to them that it's not a big deal. People are idiots.

PostPosted: August, 29, 2011 - 3:45pm 
Purple Heart

its like ppl were hoping it was gonna be like Katrina up here.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2011 - 3:10pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

the media certainly was. but flooding is the worst...it just gets no coverage because the footage isn't as exciting.

PostPosted: August, 30, 2011 - 5:16pm 
Artist of Life

I'm still mad they had that guy standing in the ocean covering the storm. No reason to endanger lives for RATINGS!

PostPosted: September, 1, 2011 - 11:00am 
Shamoozal Warrior

fear is money.

PostPosted: April, 23, 2012 - 11:07pm 
Peepers Peeled

man i had to turn the heat back on for the past 2 nights. shit got cold again out, and i was hoping the scrooge mcduck my way to the summer and not pay for a heating bill hah

PostPosted: April, 23, 2012 - 11:13pm 
Purple Heart

yea me too. Got home from work and the house was 56.

PostPosted: April, 23, 2012 - 11:22pm 
Purple Heart

Apparently it snowed here this morning. I woke up a 2pm and it was all melted by then but it looked like a pretty decent amount from Facebook pictures I saw.

PostPosted: May, 28, 2012 - 1:12pm 
Shamoozal Vet

fucking heat.... i need to go do some yard work today, but I spent the morning going to memorial services and then to the store.... now it's too hot to do anything and it's supposed to storm tonight

- You were supposed to fire up. _We_ both fired _up_.

PostPosted: May, 28, 2012 - 1:53pm 
Shamoozal Legend

No complaining here. It's like 60's outside.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: May, 28, 2012 - 4:27pm 
Purple Heart

I hate summer heat. I'll take my freezing Canadian summers over heat.

PostPosted: May, 28, 2012 - 6:28pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

cali is like 50s-70s during winter, 60s-70s during spring

Summer is more like 70 to 90, but hey the beach is a 5 minute walk from me so no complaints when its hot out.

PostPosted: May, 28, 2012 - 7:03pm 
Purple Heart

It was hot as fuck out here today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 589 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 24  Next