Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 16, 2014 - 2:57pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102
 Post subject: Re: Philadelphia Phillies
PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 10:50am 
Major Zero

Time to rebuild the ship...this team is too old and bad. Sign hamels, call up Dom Brown, try trading Halladay or Lee for prospects. This season is slowly slipping away, we aren't completely out of it yet but its clear that we are probably the worst team in the division. Who knows when Utley and Howard come back and if they will even be good

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 2:52pm 
Artist of Life

Paulie Manf wrote:
Time to rebuild the ship...this team is too old and bad. Sign hamels, call up Dom Brown, try trading Halladay or Lee for prospects. This season is slowly slipping away, we aren't completely out of it yet but its clear that we are probably the worst team in the division. Who knows when Utley and Howard come back and if they will even be good

We are still better than Miami and Atlanta isn't that good either. If they stay around .500 until one of their bats come back, they still have a shot.

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 3:29pm 
Major Zero

Yeah they have a shot, but I'm not really as optimistic as you are...the teams old as dirt...i dont think utley or howard will contribute enough to make a significant difference this year. Halladay isn't himself and now is out til the all-star break. Not trying to be debbie downer but we've seen better days. If we are in last by a decent amount by the all star break and utley, halladay and howard aren't close to being back, we need to do an over haul.

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 4:05pm 
Major Zero

I agree, the team is too old. They didnt prepare for this season at all. I guess they expected bounce back years from guys like Polanco and Mayberry, but its just not happening, and there is no reason Thome should be playing in this league anymore, let alone the National league.

And losing six straight games at home isnt going to keep us around for very long, the season might be over before Utley and Howard come back. And I dont even expect much from them anyway, we know Utley is just about finished and Howard is coming off of a serious injury, no one is even sure Howard will be back this year, the Phillies just keep dicking around hoping to keep the fan base interested

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 5:09pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

This season had too many question marks and hopes of bounce backs. RAJ hasn't done much for this team besides giving away our entire farm system. BUT I'm not complaining, I got to see a World Series, which I never thought would happen, and I witnessed a playoff no hitter. I'm a happy boy.

They need to handle Dom Brown better or trade him too, from what I gather, he's playing pretty well in Lehigh. Move Lee and Victorino, sign Hamels, get younger. Oh, and get a fucking 3rd baseman. Rolen has been gone for like 10 years now, and we're still saying that.

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 9:11pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Johnny Manf wrote:
A fan wrote in to CrossingBroad.com with this...

Quote:
Can one of you please, PLEASE start turning up the heat on Tom McCarthy? We’re in the midst of the season going to hell and the man has absolutely no pulse on the frustrations of the city he calls for. After blowing their 3rd lead in a row, Tom is more focused on ice cream and Wheeler’s balls than the game. I swear to God if they just let a few fireflies out of a jar in the booth he’d be entertained for hours. Oh, and he literally just mentioned that heading into Interleague play, the Phils feel like they have an advantage because they have Jim Thome to come into the lineup as a DH. DO THEY REALLY TOM??? THAT BUCK-EVEN BATTING AVERAGE GOING TO STOP THE SKIDS, IS IT??? Harry K at least had the decency to echo the emotions of the moment, through good and bad. Tom is calling every game like the Phils are 18 up in the division. Harry would be Larry Doyle’ing his way through games by now. Please get this man off the air. If we’re going down in flames, we at least deserve a decent play-by-play account of the crash and burn.

This guy sounds like a fun fan to sit around, sounds like a real boo hoo baby. Turn your radio on if you hate him that much.

I'm not a big crossing broad fan, there's so many whiners with blogs these days. Dropped strike 3 and coffeecupphillies too hahaha.

PostPosted: June, 8, 2012 - 11:07pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

The Assassin wrote:
and there is no reason Thome should be playing in this league anymore, let alone the National league

He read this post as said "watch this" haha

PostPosted: June, 11, 2012 - 11:29am 
Artist of Life

BTW, I think he meant HARRY Doyle. hahaha

PostPosted: June, 11, 2012 - 2:25pm 
Major Zero

Thome is hot right now. Hes the bat in the middle of the lineup that we have been missing...sucks once interleague is done hes gonna rot on the bench

PostPosted: June, 14, 2012 - 9:35pm 
Major Zero

Thome definitely logged on the smorg and saw the assassins post. Hes destroying the ball right now

PostPosted: June, 14, 2012 - 9:55pm 
Major Zero

Haha he wasnt happy with it

PostPosted: January, 30, 2013 - 11:18am 
THE GENERAL

Just got my Home Opener tickets.
Friday April 5th vs the Royals at 4:05PM. Section 147, Row 10, Seats 17 & 18.

PostPosted: February, 11, 2013 - 9:58am 
Corporal Shamoozal

Nice. The royals could be a big surprise in a shitty division this year. I hope to actually make it to a few games up in Philly this season.

PostPosted: March, 25, 2013 - 8:50am 
THE GENERAL

With the kid now, I was about to give up my Phillies 17 game plan. I knew I wouldn't make it out there 17 times.
Just so happens my parents were about to give theirs up too because they only went to 2 games out of 17 last year. My sister went to maybe 3 or 4.
They sold the rest. So I asked if they wanted to split them. I plan on taking maybe 6 or 7 at the most.
Only problem is they have Plan C, so no more Saturday games tailgating early. But there's some Fridays.

Section 102 now.

Mon. 4/8 NYM 7:05 - McDonald's Opening Week Tshirt
Thu. 4/18 STL 7:05 - xpedx Schedule Magnet
Wed. 4/24 PIT 7:05 - MLB Network Sling Bag
Thu. 5/2 MIA 7:05
Tue. 5/14 CLE 7:05 - Phillies Cap
Wed. 5/29 BOS 7:05 - WB Mason Collectible Truck
Mon. 6/3 MIA 7:05
Wed. 6/19 WAS 7:05
Fri. 7/5 ATL 7:05
Thu. 7/11 WAS 7:05 - Fireworks
Wed. 7/31 SF 7:05
Thu. 8/8 CHC 1:05 - Kids Run the Bases/Citizens Bank Pride of the Phillies Print
Mon. 8/19 COL 7:05 - Dollar Dog Night
Fri. 8/23 ARI 7:05 - 90s Retro Night/John Kruk Action Figure/Retro Print
Wed. 9/4 WAS 7:05
Thu. 9/12 SD 7:05
Wed. 9/18 MIA 7:05

PostPosted: September, 16, 2013 - 10:37pm 
Sergeant Major Manf

I think I know why the Phillies sucked this year. Because I didn't go to enough games. Just got back from my 4th win out of 5 games I went to this year (and the loss was a 12 inning game).

Cliff Lee was on fire. 14 strike outs (I think that tied the most for any Phillies pitcher this year), a 2 RBI single in the 3rd, a 1 RBI triple in the 6th (his first triple in his career), and a 1 RBI single in the 8th. Phillies win 12 - 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2540 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102