Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 24, 2014 - 7:06pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 184  Next
 Post subject: Re: Random Video Thread
PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 3:47pm 
High School Bully

So I'm three minutes in.... do they like, not realize those bullets fall back down from the sky?

What a disaster this is so far.

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 3:51pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Wow, is that even English they're speaking?

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:07pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Phil wrote:
So I'm three minutes in.... do they like, not realize those bullets fall back down from the sky?

What a disaster this is so far.

The bullets coming back down won't be going as fast as they are coming out of the gun. Not saying it couldn't hurt someone coming down, but it's definitely a lot less fatal.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:12pm 
Purple Heart

Is it really a lot less fatal? I imagine if would be slightly less fatal but still pretty deadly. I know the air resistance is what slows it down not gravity (if it was only gravity affecting it, it would come back down with the same velocity) but how much of an impact does it really have.

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:18pm 
Shamoozal Legend

You have to remember the bullet is pretty small. Especially for a hand gun. It's not the entire shell. I'm assuming the critical velocity on something that small would not be that fast due to air resistance. So if it's not that big and not going too fast, it probably won't do too much damage. Hail balls get much bigger than bullets and how often do you hear of people dying by hail?

edit: alright so here's the 411. It seems it can still be pretty dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

Bullets fall at about 300 - 500 ft/s. Now we know.

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:27pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

And knowing is...

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:30pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
You have to remember the bullet is pretty small. Especially for a hand gun. It's not the entire shell. I'm assuming the critical velocity on something that small would not be that fast due to air resistance. So if it's not that big and not going too fast, it probably won't do too much damage. Hail balls get much bigger than bullets and how often do you hear of people dying by hail?

edit: alright so here's the 411. It seems it can still be pretty dangerous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celebratory_gunfire

Bullets fall at about 300 - 500 ft/s. Now we know.

Hahaha, so once again I raise the question, do these people not realize those bullets fall back down from the sky?

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 4:51pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Maybe they're shooting blanks...

Probably not

I don't think thinking ahead is part of those people's strong suite. Or just simply any sort of thinking at all.

There's freaking 25 minutes of that video!

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 5:08pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Russell Casse wrote:
Maybe they're shooting blanks...

Probably not

I don't think thinking ahead is part of those people's strong suite. Or just simply any sort of thinking at all.

There's freaking 25 minutes of that video!

Haha I watched the first five minutes, the dude throwing those 20s and stripping was hilarious.

Pop pop pop mothafucka. I'm surprised you never heard anything on how dangerous falling bullets are.

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 6:46pm 
Shamoozal Legend

That one guy can't go 2 words without saying "You know what I'm sayin'".

PostPosted: June, 26, 2012 - 7:09pm 
Purple Heart

They brought up something I was thinking as well. The fact that if you are hit by a falling bullet it is much more likely that you are hit in the head vs someone actually shooting at you (people try to minimize the chances of missing by aiming centre mass.

I'm a bit surprised that getting hit by a falling bullet has a 32% chance of being fatal vs being shot (2-6%) but I guess that does make sense also with that head thing.

PostPosted: June, 29, 2012 - 7:44am 
Corporal Shamoozal

I suck at math, but i think this may be correct-ish

At the 3min mark, it looks like the dude is firing a 9mm round. IDK, i'd be hesitant to say that a 9mm round falling from the sky can kill you.

When a bullet reaches the top of its arc, it begins to fall, and while falling, it begins to tumble, since it is no longer spinning from the rifling of the pistol barrel. We know that the terminal velocity of a 9mm round is approximately 100mph (150ft/sec) (source: mythbusters). A typical 9mm round weights 9.45g (115 gr). Napkin math says that this comes out to approximately 7.782292 Joules of energy. This is less than half the MUZZLE energy generated by a spring-powered airsoft gun (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muzzle_energy), so i doubt this specific round would kill you.

Rest assured these fine chaps have also done the research, and know this to be true.

PostPosted: June, 29, 2012 - 12:03pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Sean wrote:
Rest assured these fine chaps have also done the research, and know this to be true.

HAHAHAHAH, I'm sure they did.

That was what I was thinking at first too, out of a 9mm, the bullet is pretty small and can't possibly have that much terminal velocity.

PostPosted: July, 2, 2012 - 3:04pm 
THE GENERAL

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 11:16am 
THE GENERAL

I heard about these Scientology documentaries so I started watching them.
Some wild shit.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 12:45pm 
High School Bully

Oh sweet. I'll watch them too. Thanks.

edit: I actually saw the first one before.

edit 2: Wow the same guy. It's amazing he went back for more. I love when he flips out.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 12:50pm 
Shamoozal Legend

Imagine if you will, 2000 years from now, Scientology is the new Christianity. And no one will question a thing.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 12:59pm 
THE GENERAL

Phil wrote:
Oh sweet. I'll watch them too. Thanks.

edit: I actually saw the first one before.

edit 2: Wow the same guy. It's amazing he went back for more. I love when he flips out.

He flip out was a small victory for that Tommy Davis dude. Thats what he was trying to get out of him the whole time.
Its pretty crazy the shit they try to pull. I'm not even talking about their beliefs but just how they bully people around.
I didn't know the UK didn't recognize Scientology as a real religion. Good for them.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 2:26pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
Imagine if you will, 2000 years from now, Scientology is the new Christianity. And no one will question a thing.

No, they will question it because Christianity, as well as every other "real" religion lays everything out on the table. You need to "earn" the right to learn about Xenu by literally paying your way up a ladder. No one has to pay into something like Christianity to learn about Jesus, it's all out in the open. Other religions also don't keep a log of your personal information and deepest secrets on file. It is a cult, it is not a religion. There is a huge difference.

Anyway I enjoyed this documentary. I love how the Scientology members always roll up with cameras. It's fucking insane. The one good thing about the fact that they have so much footage and keep all these records is that one day it will all leak out, and it will continue to make them look even more foolish.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 2:42pm 
THE GENERAL

I heard that one of the reasons Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise is because he wanted to put their kid into Sea Org.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 2:54pm 
High School Bully

Johnny Manf wrote:
I heard that one of the reasons Katie Holmes filed for divorce from Tom Cruise is because he wanted to put their kid into Sea Org.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Org

Sea Org sounds fucking insane.

I wonder how Katie Holmes will do trying to get out of the church.

PostPosted: July, 3, 2012 - 3:01pm 
Shamoozal Legend

She won't. No one gets out..... ALIVE.

PostPosted: July, 4, 2012 - 2:52pm 
Purple Heart

I think the biggest reason people will always question Scientology is that it was created by a SCIENCE FICTION WRITER. Just read some of the shit he writes it's completely insane. At least Jesus is somewhat (barely imo) plausible. Hell a weirdo carpenter guy from my mom's little town in Quebec could dive nails through glass without breaking the glass. No one can explain it but they have a museum that has shit he did it too. When my mom was growing up this dude would go binge drinking and you could tell where he went because he would nail his empties to trees/posts. It sounds completely insane but I trust my parents and both of them have seen this dudes "work". The thing is there are plenty of people who saw this guy do it or saw the results.

PostPosted: July, 4, 2012 - 4:50pm 
High School Bully

Nick wrote:
I think the biggest reason people will always question Scientology is that it was created by a SCIENCE FICTION WRITER.

People will always call shit on it because the dude has even gone on record (I believe) as saying he simply wanted to start a religion, and he did.

PostPosted: July, 4, 2012 - 7:43pm 
Purple Heart

Also it is less probable than any of the "big" religions. I don't really believe in God (if there is a God I also doubt that it is the way those religions portray it). I also seriously do not believe in Jesus being some miracle worker. I think the points of those religions is the messages behind what's written, not what is actually written.

It's also much harder to believe something that originated when a man claims to have all of this knowledge of shit that happened to earth before earth existed. The other religions have "documentation" that dates back thousands of years ago so it's much easier to swallow.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4586 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155 ... 184  Next