Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 23, 2014 - 4:52am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Owing money back in taxes
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 12:11pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Vet
User avatar

Joined: February, 12, 2006 - 2:04am
Posts: 4674
Location: Chikity China
That sucks! Especially since it's 4-15. I got a terrible return this year....

- Thark

_________________
Elaine: Well, how am I gonna know what movies to see?
Video store employee: We have a wide variety of Thark Picks.
Elaine: Thark's trash.
Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 1:45pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
I don't pay U.S. taxes anymore. mwahaha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 2:23pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Legend
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 10:44pm
Posts: 21887
Location: New Mexico
Ryan wrote:
I don't pay U.S. taxes anymore. mwahaha


How come? You're not in the US anymore?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 2:30pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Vet
User avatar

Joined: February, 12, 2006 - 2:04am
Posts: 4674
Location: Chikity China
liquidefy wrote:
Ryan wrote:
I don't pay U.S. taxes anymore. mwahaha


How come? You're not in the US anymore?


Dang furi, you have no respect for Ryan and his posts about how he's in Korea now...do ya?

- Thark

_________________
Elaine: Well, how am I gonna know what movies to see?
Video store employee: We have a wide variety of Thark Picks.
Elaine: Thark's trash.
Video store employee: I'm Thark.
Elaine: [embarassed] Hi.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 2:59pm 
Offline
Purple Heart
User avatar

Joined: June, 8, 2005 - 4:53pm
Posts: 9701
Location: NP
liquidefy wrote:
Ryan wrote:
I don't pay U.S. taxes anymore. mwahaha


How come? You're not in the US anymore?


It so hard to remember he lives in Korea now

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 4:12pm 
Offline
Peepers Peeled
User avatar

Joined: July, 10, 2005 - 6:14pm
Posts: 12752
Location: The Island
owing sucks big time. i got my taxes done early this year and i knew going in that i was going to have to pay a pretty large sum, but it still just sucked.

_________________
Swear to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 4:22pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Warrior
User avatar

Joined: June, 12, 2006 - 12:32pm
Posts: 10373
yeah..owing blows..plain and simple


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 10:33pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
Hack wrote:
liquidefy wrote:
Ryan wrote:
I don't pay U.S. taxes anymore. mwahaha


How come? You're not in the US anymore?


It so hard to remember he lives in Korea now



yes, it only took about six weeks for some of you to catch on. I was certainly impressed.

Also, owing beats getting a big sum back IMO. If you're getting a lot of taxes back at the end of the year, that means you were paying too much all year long and the government was just sitting on your money the whole time when you could have been investing it or spending it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 11:09pm 
Offline
Purple Heart
User avatar

Joined: June, 8, 2005 - 4:53pm
Posts: 9701
Location: NP
i think id rather get a big sum back then have to pay

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 15, 2007 - 11:21pm 
Offline
Purple Heart
User avatar

Joined: June, 8, 2005 - 4:53pm
Posts: 9701
Location: NP
Ryan wrote:
yes, it only took about six weeks for some of you to catch on. I was certainly impressed.


maybe if you would of mentioned it a little more we would of caught on a lot faster

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 6:23am 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
Hack wrote:
i think id rather get a big sum back then have to pay


at tax time, sure. But what about when you get your biweekly or monthly paycheck? would you rather clear $1000? Or $1100? Why should Uncle Sam get to borrow a big fat chunk of your money for 12 months interest free? I'll never understand the people who love getting big returns at tax time. Are you really THAT bad at saving money that the only way you can do it is if the government forces you to because your math wasn't good enough to figure out how much tax you ought to be paying? I don't get it. Never will. Glad I don't have to deal with any of that malarky over here.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 6:50am 
Offline
Purple Heart
User avatar

Joined: June, 8, 2005 - 4:53pm
Posts: 9701
Location: NP
Ryan wrote:
Hack wrote:
i think id rather get a big sum back then have to pay


at tax time, sure. But what about when you get your biweekly or monthly paycheck? would you rather clear $1000? Or $1100? Why should Uncle Sam get to borrow a big fat chunk of your money for 12 months interest free? I'll never understand the people who love getting big returns at tax time. Are you really THAT bad at saving money that the only way you can do it is if the government forces you to because your math wasn't good enough to figure out how much tax you ought to be paying? I don't get it. Never will. Glad I don't have to deal with any of that malarky over here.


No i wouldnt want that. B/c when its time for taxes and i find out i have to pay money ill be mad as hell. It actually doesnt bother me at all that they take the money out and im proud to be lving in the US of A

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 7:36am 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28384
Location: National Park, NJ
CAUSE I'M PROUD TO BEEEEE AN AMERICAN
WHERE AT LEAST I KNOW I'M FREEEEEEEEE

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 12:48pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
Hack wrote:
Ryan wrote:
Hack wrote:
and im proud to be lving in the US of A


wasn't that one of the punchlines in the "you might be a redneck if.." series of jokes?

Seriously, anyone who says they're proud to be living somewhere (not even of where they live, but of the action of living somewhere) is a dipshit. How much involvement did you have when it came time to decide where you were going to be born? Have you even left the state of New Jersey? Being born one place and never leaving that place should not be a source of pride. Contentment, sure, fine, whatever. Be complacent. Enjoy your slow death. Contentment, okay. Pride? You're an idiot. and anyone who is happy about giving away 30-50% of everything they earn... well.... I just can't win against that logic. I never said anything even remotely political. I just said I was happy I didn't have to deal with stupid tax forms anymore. I just pay a (extremely low) flat rate. No return, no taxes due, just straight up simple. Then I'm misinterpreted by some moron... but that's par for the course here.

oh fudge it.. let me join in Manf...

"AND I'LL PROUDLY STAND UP! NEXT TO YOU AND DEFEND 'ER STILL TODAY... 'CAUSE THERE AIN'T NO DOUBT I LOVE THIS LAND!! GOD BLESS THE U.S.AAAAAA!" (hand me my beer and pork rinds, Gomer)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 12:52pm 
Offline
Peepers Peeled
User avatar

Joined: July, 10, 2005 - 6:14pm
Posts: 12752
Location: The Island
whoa youre totally out of line here. im calling total and complete bullshit on you.

yes you can indeed have pride in where you live. sure youre born there and you had nothing to do with that, but you LIVE there and you help make it it a place worth living in. otherwise, you move out. thats called having pride. you odnt need to move half way around the world to see that youve got it good someplace. the other thing is ALOT of people dont have the luxury of being able to travel all over the place for a multitude of reasons (financial, family, ect).

so give us a break on this one.

_________________
Swear to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 12:56pm 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28384
Location: National Park, NJ
Ryan wrote:
Then I'm misinterpreted by some moron... but that's par for the course here.


do you seriously talk to people like this in real life?
or only when you're thousands of miles away and posting on internet message boards?
and why do you constantly come here if you think everyone is inferior to you? i just don't get it. i see constant messages from you belittling people like you're some god of knowledge.

because if you just act like a total dickbag in "real life" then i can see why you ran off to korea. you werent really leaving anything behind besides your badass car.

i see no problem in loving where you're from and not wanting to move anywhere else. some people are happy and dont need to search for happiness. sure i'm all up for a vacation here and there. but i wouldnt move away from my family and friends. i'm happy where i am and i am positive i'll be in the jersey area for life.

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 12:59pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Legend
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 10:44pm
Posts: 21887
Location: New Mexico
Wait... where did Ryan move to again?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 12:59pm 
Offline
Level 27 Gardener
User avatar

Joined: June, 3, 2005 - 9:23pm
Posts: 30759
Location: New Jersey
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:01pm 
Offline
Peepers Peeled
User avatar

Joined: July, 10, 2005 - 6:14pm
Posts: 12752
Location: The Island
it looks like zangief and imus are gonna fight each other

_________________
Swear to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:02pm 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28384
Location: National Park, NJ
Ganklin wrote:
it looks like zangief and imus are gonna fight each other


they're in an epic staredown

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:02pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
it's easy to feel superior around here. and you guys are all so easy to bait.

and in life, and online in fact, I'm actually an extremely nice guy. When I say it's nice not having to fill out tax forms and I get attacked by the mentally handicapped for no good reason, I respond in kind. You might think I'm being a dick... but I'm just keepin' it real. Every person on here I've ever said a disparaging thing about so totally deserved it. and if I make some general comment about everyone here and you think it doesn't apply to you.... well then assume it doesn't. If you're going to get offended by it... well then it probably does. So you do us the favor of outing yourself while simultaneously giving me a laugh because I probably wasn't serious anyway. Then you go and call me defensive after you start crying every time I fart.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:12pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
Ganklin wrote:
whoa youre totally out of line here. im calling total and complete bullcrap on you.

yes you can indeed have pride in where you live. sure youre born there and you had nothing to do with that, but you LIVE there and you help make it it a place worth living in. otherwise, you move out. thats called having pride. you odnt need to move half way around the world to see that youve got it good someplace. the other thing is ALOT of people dont have the luxury of being able to travel all over the place for a multitude of reasons (financial, family, ect).

so give us a break on this one.


Ganklin, yes, you're absolutely right, and I'll point you to the original language of my post to show that I agree with you to an extent. You can have pride in where you live and not be a dipshit. That's different though than saying "I am proud to be living ________". Expressing pride in the place where you live and expressing pride in the act of living somewhere when you have never lived anywhere else are two completely different things.

Personally I still think it's dumb to take pride in where you are from, particularly if your knowledge of every other place and culture in the world extends only so far as what you learned touring around the world in Street Fighter II. Visit international message boards and there are always these idiotic masturbatory flag/penis-waving contests going on. Everyone thinks their country is the best because they swallow that patriotic horseshit from birth and they all sound stupid to me. But... I'm something of a moral and cultural relativist. I don't necessarily begrudge anyone else for liking where they are from. I have no problem with that at all. I often defend the USA and the DC area on message boards myself. I just don't try to insinuate someone is being unpatriotic or snooty like some sad little Sean Hannity clone should that person cite any benefit of living in any other country. If I did that, I would feel like a complete asswipe. That level of idiotic blind nationalism leads to bad things... like World Wars I and II.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:18pm 
Offline
THE GENERAL
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 11:49pm
Posts: 28384
Location: National Park, NJ
i went back and read it and i didnt see any attack.
you said you didnt like getting money back at "tax time" and then Hack said he did, then you tried backing up your point and then Hack said he still liked getting a lump sum at this time of the year. he never attacked you. unless you mean him saying he's proud to live in the USA an attack.

even so, i just think you try to have enemies purposely.
you're the kind of guy that needs confrontation. if everyone agreed on everything around here, you would go nuts. you have to try to stir things up and you think you're great at it. in fact you mentioned it a couple times in other threads about how you came back to stir things up. its fine to have your own opinion, but it just seems like you are the complete opposite of everyone else at all times.

i guess because we're all mentally handicapped america loving dipshits, right?

_________________
Facebook.com/moviewiseguys @moviewiseguys on Twitter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:24pm 
Offline
Shamoozal Legend
User avatar

Joined: June, 7, 2005 - 10:44pm
Posts: 21887
Location: New Mexico
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: April, 16, 2007 - 1:31pm 
Offline
Wheelie
User avatar

Joined: September, 10, 2005 - 3:17pm
Posts: 561
Location: Cybertron
Johnny Manf wrote:
Ryan wrote:
because if you just act like a total dickbag in "real life" then i can see why you ran off to korea. you werent really leaving anything behind besides your badass car.


You guys accuse me of acting superior and condescending and as if I'm better than everyone... but you're all hypocrites. Really nothing new here. All it takes is a little nudge from me (and again, you're too easy) to turn the thinly veiled attack like the one Hack made into the naked hostility like what Manf posted above. Hack starts with, "I'm proud to be living in the U.S.A"..... insinuating he's somehow superior to me because I've moved to a different country, or insinuating that I somehow think I'm superior because I now live in Korea when I said absolutely nothing of the sort. I can't help your guys' inferiority complexes... I think I may have mentioned my car once or maybe twice, and never in a way that implicated I was superior for driving it. I posted a joke picture with it in there once (in response to another one of these unprovoked attacks). That happened probably over a year ago. Since then you guys have probably mentioned the car yourselves two or three dozen times. I've never, not once, spoken of it as if it somehow made me "badass." I've rarely even mentioned it at all. This is you projecting your own insecurities on me. Not my problem.
I mentioned my move to Korea so infrequently that several members didn't even notice I had gone until six weeks after the fact. and yet... you guys keep brining that up as well, as if I somehow think this makes me a badass. I've never said anything insinuating that it did. I never said Korea was better than the USA. Again... not my problem.

Truth be told I much prefer the attacks and latent hostility to be out in the open. It's easier for me to call you on your BS then when I don't have to read between the lines. If you want to interpret this as me seeking confrontation, so be it. I think you're wrong, and I think the passive aggressive BS that you guys prefer to toy with is just as confrontational as anything I ever do.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group