Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently December, 21, 2014 - 4:25am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: 24 DVD Menus
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 9:57am 
THE GENERAL

I dont get it.
24 Season 1 was fine..... the menu screen was just a random picture that didnt ruin anything and you clicked on an episode and it would start.
Then I got Season 2. Certain menu screens would ruin something that would happen on the disc. Like a certain woman coming back or a certain big event in a big scene.

Season 3 showed a HUGE picture of said woman when I popped in Disc 2 or 3. I forget which one but still.... it ruined it. Other stuff too has been ruined because of the choice of pictures when clicking on a certain episode.
When clicking on the whiskey episode, it showed a certain person with a gun to his head which doesnt ruin the ending but still gives away that something is gonna happen to him. it annoys me everytime. i dont know why they do it.

i have actually tried navigating with my eyes closed so i couldnt see anything they show. i guess they think the seasons on DVD are mostly for people that have already seen the show but thats not the case with me. the goddamn menu screen has ruined or somewhat hinted at parts that i wish was more of a surprise and for that the DVD makers are WHORE DADDIES!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 10:07am 
Shamoozal Legend

Yeah, I agree. Good thing I saw most of them on the computer so all I saw were file names. I was just thinking the same thing when I opened up the DVDs and people's pictures would be on the DVDs so you obviously know when someone is coming back. I'm glad I was far along enough in season 4 that seeing the DVDs didn't ruin anything for me. You should just get someone else to put the DVD in and start it. It's so much better when you don't know if someone is going to come back and when they do, you love it and yell out their names. At least that's what I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 10:36am 
THE GENERAL

imfuraisoth wrote:
Yeah, I agree. Good thing I saw most of them on the computer so all I saw were file names. I was just thinking the same thing when I opened up the DVDs and people's pictures would be on the DVDs so you obviously know when someone is coming back. I'm glad I was far along enough in season 4 that seeing the DVDs didn't ruin anything for me. You should just get someone else to put the DVD in and start it. It's so much better when you don't know if someone is going to come back and when they do, you love it and yell out their names. At least that's what I do.

yeah i forgot to mention that too.
the actual DVD covers ruin things but thats my own fault.
i am near the end of season 3 and i just got season 4 in the mail and looked through it and saw who was missing or who was still present so it probably ruined some stuff.

the real solution is just to catch up and watch the seasons as they come on TV which I am trying to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 11:01am 
High School Bully

I agree.

I got lucky with some of my forgein DVDs because on Season 2 they were showing pictures from Season 1. I think they fixed the problem for Season 3 DVDs though.

On season 4, I don't remember the pictures ruining to much, so they sort of remedied the problem, only slightly though.

Worst spoiler of season 2 on the DVDs was seeing the one girl who fell down the steps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 11:07am 
Shamoozal Legend

How was it spoiled? Did you see Lynn on the bottom of the steps as the background for the episode selection screen?

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 11:12am 
THE GENERAL

imfuraisoth wrote:
How was it spoiled? Did you see Lynn on the bottom of the steps as the background for the episode selection screen?

when you clicked on that particular time frame for the episode it went to a separate screen where you can choose play episode, chapters, special features or whatever and it showed Lynn laying there all mangled at the bottom of the steps.

that happened with a simialr situation probably about 4 or 5 times total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 11:22am 
Shamoozal Legend

Man, that really stinks. I still prefer to watch it on DVD though because there's no commercials and I don't have to wait an entire week to watch the next episode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: February, 7, 2006 - 10:02pm 
Peepers Peeled

when i was watching them on DVD, i started blocking that part of the screen with my hand. i felt like a retard but it worked.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]