Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently April, 21, 2014 - 3:04am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jericho
PostPosted: September, 17, 2007 - 4:23pm 
Jobs

I watched the first 2 episodes of this show over the weekend. Aside from a few cheesy bits of dialog I can see why this show has gained a decent following. It's much better than most of the other Lost-a-likes on TV.

The DVDs come out in early Oct and I'll be picking them up, give them a rent if you haven't seen the show yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: September, 17, 2007 - 4:55pm 
Level 27 Gardener

I just wanted to comment that I love how you wrote "Not the guy" in the thread. Hahahaha.

Post subject: Re: Jericho (not the guy)
PostPosted: February, 23, 2008 - 6:57pm 
Jobs

So I'm watching this on DVD, only a few episodes in. I really like the premise of this show, but I'm not so sure about the execution. Theres some really flat characters on the show, and some of the writing is downright abysmal. I also really hate the music in this show, they seem to use country-pop-rock music whenever they can and it just pulls me right out of the story every time they do.

I'm going to keep watching them cause I have the full season, I just hope the show gets a bit better further into the season.

PostPosted: February, 23, 2008 - 11:50pm 
Artist of Life

I started watching it because Sci-Fi was showing multiple episodes in a row. I think I enjoy it. Some of the nonsense has to go, but it's a really decent show.

PostPosted: February, 23, 2008 - 11:51pm 
Artist of Life

The real Jericho is a living legend though. The kid has got skills.

PostPosted: February, 24, 2008 - 3:18am 
Corporal Shamoozal

I actually watched this back when it was on. It caught my interest for some reason. I thought it was a pretty decent show. Cool to see it get cancelled then brought back cuz its fan base.

PostPosted: March, 10, 2008 - 10:14am 
Jobs

we watched 3 more eps last night and now we're about halfway through season 1. the story is getting much better, although it still has plenty of cheesy moments. Jake is ridiculous man, I hope they come up with a decent explanation about why he knows absolutely everything. The second anything happens he knows exactly what it was and how to deal with it.

Post subject: Re: Jericho - Season 1
PostPosted: March, 12, 2008 - 8:48am 
Jobs

Okay its safe to say that my wife and I are now hooked on this show. After a slow start with some rough moments the show has really taken off. Its still not as good as Lost, BSG or Heroes... but its a good show. I encourage anyone who likes post-apocalyptic type stuff to give it a spin. Just allow yourself 8-10 episodes to get properly hooked.

PostPosted: March, 14, 2008 - 11:24am 
Jobs

I just realized the other night that the mayor is Major Dad, man hes way old now

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 10:18am 
Jobs

Alright, we finished season 1 and we're getting caught up on season 2. I've completely done a 180 on this show, it is awesome. The last 6-8 episodes of the season were great, shit went completely nuts.

My initial feeling was that the show started out badly, it had some cheesy moments and things just seemed totally ridiculous. However, looking back all those things were completely necessary to set up the chaos that was coming.

I'm pretty bummed cause it sounds like CBS is going to pull the plug on the show and end it in a couple weeks. I dont understand how a show like this cant be kept on the air when theres a shit-ton of lame Lawyer, Hospital and Cop shows flooding the channels. I dont know why they even put shows like this on network TV if they're just going to cancel them when they dont beat out retarded shit like "are you smarter than a 5 year old". I wish these shows would just go straight to Sci-Fi channel or whatever.

If you need convincing, I'd say the show is a mix between 24 and Red Dawn. Do yourself a favor and go buy, rent or download Season 1. Push yourself over the hurdle of the first half-dozen episodes and enjoy some wacky shit. Theres quite a few mind blowing moments, you'll have a good time.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 10:33am 
THE GENERAL

Me and the old lady have been talking about finding a new show to watch.

We did 4 seasons of 24 on DVD then caught up during the 5th.
We did 2 seasons of Lost on DVD then caught up in the middle of the 3rd.
And we borrowed all Phil's Arrested Development seasons and blew through them in a week or two.
Now we need to find something new to watch. I'll see if she's interested in this one. Is your wife enjoying it as much as you are?

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 10:45am 
Jobs

yeah shes totally hooked. as soon as season 1 ended she made me go download season 2's premiere off xbox live.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 2:49pm 
The Elevator

Johnny Manf wrote:
Me and the old lady have been talking about finding a new show to watch.

ahem...

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 2:52pm 
Jobs

he does have a point.

however, jericho is only a total of 30 episodes (s1 and s2 combined), bsg is like 75. depends on how big of an investment you want to make.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 2:58pm 
THE GENERAL

i really have no interest in BSG and i know my girlfriend wouldnt either. i dont know how much of a sci-fi plot the show has but i just assume its very sci-fi centric and thats not really our thing. i just imagine it like a new star trek with more action. and i've never had the desire to watch a single episode of star trek.

Jericho sounds more up our alley.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 3:08pm 
Shamoozal Legend

What's not my thing is people getting "Lost" on an island. waka waka waka!

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 3:13pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

I never liked star trek but I like BSG. The best thing to do is borrow the opening miniseries they had off of someone thats what I did. Got hooked ever since. Jericho is good too but it is a little cheesy at times. And it got cancelled once and still might not make it past these 7 eps.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 4:06pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Johnny Manf wrote:
i really have no interest in BSG and i know my girlfriend wouldnt either. i dont know how much of a sci-fi plot the show has but i just assume its very sci-fi centric and thats not really our thing. i just imagine it like a new star trek with more action. and i've never had the desire to watch a single episode of star trek.

Jericho sounds more up our alley.

this is more of a military show then a sci fi show and i was right there with you. but let me tell you this show is really well done. writing, acting, production value are top notch. my wife hates sci fi and she even watches it with me. in all honesty its no more sci fi then lost..it just happens to be in space as opposed to on a crazy island with dinosaurs made of smoke. personally i think this is the best show on television as far as quality.

but i can understand you being skeptical, b/c i was too..sith wore me down with his olmos boners until i gave in..i would give the pilot/mini series a look and see how hooked you get.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 4:09pm 
Shamoozal Legend

IratePrimate wrote:
sith wore me down with his olmos boners until i gave in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA. He's got quite a boner for olmos. So does Sol. But you would have thought it downgraded to a semi with the lack of olmos pictures being posted these past few months.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 4:15pm 
Jobs

i watched the miniseries and wasnt really that into it. it wasnt until the real first episode (called '33') of the show that i got hooked.

back on topic: jericho is not sci-fi at all. like i said, its closer to 24 than Lost. It has espionage type elements, but its taking place in a post-nuclear war.

PostPosted: March, 17, 2008 - 4:45pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Rumor is that the last two episodes of this season will not end with a cliffhanger so CBS can shut it down for good. And that stinks cuz there were only like 30 eps. total.

Post subject: Re: Jericho
PostPosted: March, 24, 2008 - 7:49am 
THE GENERAL

looks like jericho is done.

from tvguide.com
Quote:
National upheaval caused by a nuclear assault? Easy. Nielsen ratings? Hard. Despite efforts from zealous fans to keep Jericho alive — including the now-famous peanut incident — Tuesday's episode will be its last.

"The March 25 episode... will be the series finale," CBS entertainment boss Nina Tassler says in a statement. "Without question, there are passionate viewers watching this program; we simply wish there were more. We thank an engaged and spirited fan base for keeping the show alive this long, and an outstanding team of producers, cast and crew that went through creative hoops to deliver a compelling, high-quality second season.... We're proud of everyone's efforts."

Two "finales" were filmed for Tuesday: one that left viewers with a cliff-hanger (in the event of a Season 3), and one that resolves things a bit more. The latter edit, now headed to your screens, will leave fans "not too happy," Skeet Ulrich confirmed in this Mitovich Mega Minute Q&A (at the 3:00 mark):

PostPosted: March, 24, 2008 - 9:12am 
Jobs

man that sucks, we just caught up to the show this past weekend. it really is a great show, season 2 was really fast paced and intense. it pisses me off that there are so many technologies available to us like DVR, onDemand and iTunes. Yet, now that people are adopting them they penalize the shows.

5 years from now people will look back on Jericho as one of the big casualties of the networks hesitation to move forward from the Nielson ratings.

PostPosted: March, 24, 2008 - 9:21am 
Jobs

http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/f ... form.shtml

I just send CBS an email letting them know that their decision to cancel Jericho sucks. If you're a fan of the show, please take a minute and do the same.

PostPosted: March, 24, 2008 - 2:33pm 
Corporal Shamoozal

Well I guess the rumors I heard were true. Oh well.