Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently October, 23, 2014 - 5:21am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: What Are You Drinking?
PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:09pm 
Secret Fan

I was on the what are you playing thread and noticed everyone talking about beer... so I decided hell I will make a damn fine beer thread.

So what're you drinking, and what do you like to drink?

Personally I like a lot of European beers, my number one favourite probably alternating between Guinness and Kilkenny.

Smithwick's is also great and when it comes to the lighter side of things I'll drink Stella Artois, Harp, and Strongbow (cider ale).

Domestic beers I enjoy are as follows (some might not be in the U.S so sorry for any confusion, these beers do exist)

Alexander Kieth's
Rickard's Red
and Blacklabel

if I can think of more I'll add another post.

On a side note Smithwick's, Guinness, Kilkenny, and Harp are actually all owned by a brewing company called Diageo. Smitchwick's was purchased in 1956 by the Guinness company but since 2000 or so, they both became property of the Diageo company.

I know a lot of people hate Guinness and ask me how I can drink it and my sort of short answer to that is that my family is Irish and maybe we have some sort of genetically mutated taste bud that makes Guinness taste good haha.

Last edited by Dr Gaius Baltar on September, 8, 2008 - 1:10pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: So, what're you drinking? (the beer thread)
PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:09pm 
Jobs

Hefeweizen kid.

Also, Oktoberfest and some motherfucking Ginger Snaps... thats a party right there.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:12pm 
THE GENERAL

I pretty much only drink Miller Lite and Yuengling. Yueng is my all time favorite and it gets me drunk way faster than M Lites do. I'm not a beer snob, I dont try finding all kinds of new beers and turn my nose up to people who just drink light beer. When I get home from work on a nice Friday afternoon, I like a nice cold Miller Lite. When its time to tailgate a game, or hit a party, or even go out to eat I like to get Yuengs but they make me shit the next day if I drink a lot of them.

My favorite all time drink is Captain and Coke. I can slug those things down all night long.
Me and the Captain make it happen.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:13pm 
THE GENERAL

As for beers I hate.
I hate anything Bud (weiser, Light, Select, Lime). And I cant drink Guinness either. Its like a glass of mud.
Some people cant tell the different in Light beers but when its a keg of Bud Light I just cant get them down too fast. There's definitely a different taste to them and they give me a splitting headache the next morning if I have more than 5 or so. Coors Light is alright. I am getting more of a taste for it because all my friends started drinking it. But I still like Miller better.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:15pm 
Secret Fan

Johnny Manf wrote:
As for beers I hate.
I hate anything Bud (weiser, Light, Select, Lime). And I cant drink Guinness either. Its like a glass of mud.

Aha, the one pub I go to, when you order a Guinness you ask for a pint of Motor Oil haha.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:18pm 
Jobs

At my bachelor party I reached a point of inebriation that enabled me to down a pint of Guinness in one huge chug like it was water. I then spent the next day vomiting like a maniac (and getting screamed at by my wife), so I associate Guinness with hell.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:31pm 
High School Bully

Over the last year I've become a pretty big fan of Blue Moon and all of its seasonal beers. Aside from that, I'm a fan of Yuengleberries too. I'm not a big light beer fan (like Miller Light) but I'll drink it when the time comes. I would probably never buy it for myself.

This past Saturday I tried out Magic Hat and Land Shark. Not sure if either of them are local yokels, but I actually enjoyed the Land Shark, which I bought solely for its name. It kind of reminded me of a Corona. I had a Magic Hat right after the Land Shark and didn't enjoy it much, but it might be one of those things where I need to try it on its own and not after another beer.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 1:39pm 
THE GENERAL

I'm also a fan of Rolling Rock.
I had a couple at the BBQ I was at on Saturday and it was the first time I drank one in a while. Might have to pick up a 12 pack of those bad boys the next time I hit the liquor store.

I made my own beer a few times. I have this cheap beer makers kit. I made a Pale Ale that was absolutely terrible. Then I made a Lager a couple months later which I liked a lot. Its a shame I would never be able to recreate them even if I thought it was the best beer ever. I have an Octoberfest recipe and ingredients but it takes so goddamn long that I never feel like doing it.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 2:31pm 
Purple Heart

Johnny Manf wrote:
I pretty much only drink Miller Lite and Yuengling. Yueng is my all time favorite and it gets me drunk way faster than M Lites do. I'm not a beer snob, I dont try finding all kinds of new beers and turn my nose up to people who just drink light beer. When I get home from work on a nice Friday afternoon, I like a nice cold Miller Lite. When its time to tailgate a game, or hit a party, or even go out to eat I like to get Yuengs but they make me shit the next day if I drink a lot of them.

My favorite all time drink is Captain and Coke. I can slug those things down all night long.

Wow thats exactly how i am...even the captain and cokes haha...although i do enjoy a Caucasian once and a while too.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 2:52pm 
Jobs

I really like Boddingtons and Molson Ice too.

When it gets a tad cooler I start spending my weekend nights on my patio w/ a roaring fire, some cold beers and some good music.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 2:59pm 
Purple Heart

Johnny Manf wrote:

I like how you think! I'm the same way, it's all miller lite and Yeungling for me. Magic Hat has some good stuff too.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 3:02pm 
Jobs

How could I forget Newcastle Brown Ale 'The One and Only'... another tasty treat.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 5:30pm 
Purple Heart

All time Fav MGD but i drink Coors and Miller Lite a lot. Labbat Blue and Molson Golden are also beers i pick up from time to time

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 5:34pm 
Artist of Life

I'm a big fan of Sam Adams especially the Seasonal brews. Yeung is also a favorite. As far as light beers, I like Miller lite and Coors, but I absolutely hate Bud Light.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 6:37pm 
The Bearer of Truths

Hey guys, I had a coke today.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 6:38pm 
Purple Heart

Dante369 wrote:

i had a glass of milk

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 6:46pm 
The Bearer of Truths

phantomspiker wrote:
Dante369 wrote:

i had a glass of milk

Good for you, man. 2%?

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 6:52pm 
Purple Heart

Dante369 wrote:
phantomspiker wrote:
Dante369 wrote:

i had a glass of milk

Good for you, man. 2%?

actually.... yes :D

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 8:01pm 
Shamoozal Vet

Johnny Manf wrote:

yeah.... i'm pretty much the opposite. I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob, but I'm probably pretty close in some peoples eyes. I almost never buy "cheap" beer to get drunk anymore. I absolutely hate bud/bush. I can stand coors/miller but won't buy it. I bust my friends balls when they order light beer, but I wouldn't say I turn my nose up at them. I love to try new kinds of beer. I absolutely love microbrews.

Yuengling is definately the old standby. I love it, but it gives me serious cottonmouth when i drink a lot of it.
Smithwicks is probably my current favorite.
I also like Labatt Blue and most Molson Golden/Canadian and buy them a lot during hockey season eh.

I don't like many wheat beer's and am not a fan of blue moon.
But I do love Sam Adams seasonal's. Oktoberfest is out now which kicks ass.

Magic Hat is pretty good. The last one of theirs I tried tasted a little fuity though and I can't remember which one it was.

Abita's Turbodog is a very tasty brew.

Straub's special dark is very good as well. They are a brewery in northern Pa, but I think they have a pretty far reaching distribution.

Appalachian Brewing Company is probably the biggest microbrew around here and their Mountain Lager is great. I don't know how far it extends, but if you see it I recommend it.

- You were supposed to fire up. _We_ both fired _up_.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 9:53pm 
Sergeant Major Manf

Favs...MGD, Rolling Rock and Coors light, Labatts...love molson too, lagers give me the shits, sam adams give me really bad farts.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 10:11pm 
Peepers Peeled

yuengling is my all time fav. i will always drink a yueng and love it.

the blue moon line is a good'n too. i like sam adams as well as killians. i used to hate guiness, but last weekend i had one and actually kind of liked it.

magic hat does indeed have a few fruity beers which i don't like. however magic hat #9 is a good'n. i like harp, too.

what the hell i'll drink almost anything.

PostPosted: September, 8, 2008 - 10:55pm 
Purple Heart

from age 17-21 cheap beer was all i would drink. Natty Ice or Light and Red Dogs haha. Do they still make Red Dog b/c i would get a 30 just like old times haha

PostPosted: September, 9, 2008 - 7:50am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Mad Dog 20/20

PostPosted: September, 9, 2008 - 9:29am 
Purple Heart

I remember one time we got a bottle of mad dog the summer after we graduated high school when we stayed down the shore for a week. We all sat around the cooler doing shots and at about the same time all of us started puking up boots...it was fuckin nasty...good ole banana red.

PostPosted: September, 9, 2008 - 9:32am 
Shamoozal Warrior

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 398 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next