Shamoozal.com - Smorgas Board

Official Forum of Shamoozal.com
It is currently December, 19, 2014 - 8:12am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fringe Season 1
PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 7:34am 
THE GENERAL

I really like this show and I really liked last nights episode.
the fact that people will complain that its too unbelievable that he could view the last image from the woman's eye is ridiculous. what about GIVING BIRTH TO AN OLD MAN BABY!!! The show is supposed to be unbelievable. Its a new age X Files. The old man was doing research and experiments that were pretty much illegal and very controversial. thats why he knows all these crazy tricks. he has tried it all before and killed people in experiments before which is why he was in the looney bin. this show is SO X files and I love it.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 8:01am 
Shamoozal Warrior

I thought the Eyeball was actually really cool haha. Most of the comments I was throwing out last night was how is this guy so good at picking up women, he's such a creep.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 8:15am 
THE GENERAL

xxjimmypxx wrote:
I thought the Eyeball was actually really cool haha. Most of the comments I was throwing out last night was how is this guy so good at picking up women, he's such a creep.

Yeah I was saying the same thing. I was like its not that easy to bring a stripper home from a strip club to bang her. But Mandy was saying it looks like he was picking up hookers that were hanging out in strip clubs and shit. He knew the spots to hit because he did it a lot. Still, the hookers would not leave with a guy that was so creepy. And he brought them to a warehouse, I think even a dumb hooker would know something fishy is going on and run.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:13am 
High School Bully

The part that killed me is after they got the image from the eye ball and then how they figured out exactly what angle the person was seeing the bridge from and finding the exact location of the building all in 30 seconds. I love how they "triangulated" the information.

Yeah, this is a new age X-Files, because the two main characters are basically Mulder and Scully. I said to Demi last night that I felt even though it's X-Files like, I still think I like X-Files more because everything was always a mystery and never truly solved. Mulder never had some crazy Doctor that had all the answers and he was usually just going on a hunch. Then again I haven't seen X-Files in a long time, so maybe I'm just not remembering it correctly.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:22am 
THE GENERAL

Phil wrote:
The part that killed me is after they got the image from the eye ball and then how they figured out exactly what angle the person was seeing the bridge from and finding the exact location of the building all in 30 seconds. I love how they "triangulated" the information.

That scene reminded me EXACTLY of 24. When Jack calls in to Chloe and she gets satellite images of things and sends it to him so he knows exactly where everything is.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:30am 
Shamoozal Legend

Dude, X-Files blows this crap away. At least the original ones before T-1000 took over. Freaking PACEY! All I was thinking was Dawson's Creek the entire time. I think I'm done with this show. This and Terminator.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:34am 
High School Bully

Johnny Manf wrote:
That scene reminded me EXACTLY of 24. When Jack calls in to Chloe and she gets satellite images of things and sends it to him so he knows exactly where everything is.

It's always kind of corny in 24 as well. I dunno, I accepted it, but I still laughed.

And Tu, this show is much better than stupid Terminator. I might not love it, but I still plan on watching it next week.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:40am 
Shamoozal Legend

Yeah, I might give his a couple more watches but I have no idea why I even pay attention to Terminator anymore. I guess I just want robot wars and that's not what I'm getting.

"If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. "

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:42am 
High School Bully

Just wait for the Bale movie. That's what I'm doing. I haven't watched Terminator since the second episode.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:03am 
Shamoozal Warrior

I found that part to be ridiculous too, thats what I mean by its pretty unrealistic. Not the actual stuff going on, I have an open mind about that because its supposed to be unbelievable... But like Steve said earlier, its the stuff like not having warrants and just general law abiding shit that is totally ignored in this show. The X-Files from what I remember always seemed alot more realistic to me, actually following FBI protocol.

The one thing I truly hate about this show is the way they show where their at, the big bubble letters in the picture. I don't know why it bothers me so much I wish they would just write it in the corner in white letters.

I'll continue to watch it, 1 its an alright show, and 2 there is nothing else on.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:04am 
Shamoozal Legend

I contend with 2. HOUSE is on and it's the best show on TV right now.

And yes, I was just telling Jeff last night that I hated the bubble letters. It's so damn ugly. I felt like it's something I made in photoshop in 2 minutes and glued it onto the picture.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:11am 
THE GENERAL

Russell Casse wrote:
I contend with 2. HOUSE is on and it's the best show on TV right now.

And yes, I was just telling Jeff last night that I hated the bubble letters. It's so damn ugly. I felt like it's something I made in photoshop in 2 minutes and glued it onto the picture.

HOUSE is on at 8.
Fringe is on at 9.

I like the bubble letters. Its different. But they use it a little too much like every single time they go somewhere. I get it, they're in BOSTON!
But if they just used the regular typing at the bottom left then it would be another X-Files comparison.

Oh well, looks like everyone hates the stuff I like. So I'm going to watch it and love it anyway. Actually I dont love it yet but I like it a lot.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 11:00am 
High School Bully

Awww, I really like the letters. I think it's kind of awesome that the letters look like they're really there, like you could go up to them and touch them.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 11:06am 
Shamoozal Legend

Really? They look really fake to me. I thought they'd be even more of an eye sore for you photoshop/animator whizzes.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 11:51am 
The Bearer of Truths

Phil wrote:
Awww, I really like the letters. I think it's kind of awesome that the letters look like they're really there, like you could go up to them and touch them.

same.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 5:32pm 
Peepers Peeled

1. i like the letters. they're not "made in photoshop". they sit within the frame and have depth to them. as the camera passes by, they track with the background in 3D space.

2. HOUSE is go suck a donkey's dick. that show is fucking horrible. its unwatchable.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 5:56pm 
Artist of Life

Frank wrote:
1. i like the letters. they're not "made in photoshop". they sit within the frame and have depth to them. as the camera passes by, they track with the background in 3D space.

2. HOUSE is go suck a donkey's Richard. that show is mucking horrible. its unwatchable.

I'm not a big fan of the letters, but I could care less about them. I don't think it ruins anything.

For YOU, HOUSE is unwatchable, but for ME it is entertainment. That's the way it is.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 6:57pm 
The Bearer of Truths

HOUSE isn't a bad show...it's a bit much at times, but it's entertaining.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:16pm 
Shamoozal Legend

If it was such a bad show, it wouldn't have won so many awards and be in the 5th season airing at prime time. OH!

Anyways, enough of this arguing about HOUSE. You guys don't even watch it so whatever you say is meaningless. You caught the end of it and didn't get it. I could catch the end of the latest episode of Lost and I wouldn't get it. I can't just go and say, "Man, that show totally blows!" It just wouldn't make any sense.

As for the letters, okay, so they're moving. Big woop, I can create the same crap in the Windows screen saver. I believe they've packaged that in since Windows 98.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 9:25pm 
High School Bully

Russell Casse wrote:
As for the letters, okay, so they're moving. Big woop, I can create the same crap in the Windows screen saver. I believe they've packaged that in since Windows 98.

You might be right about House, but you're wrong about this.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:06pm 
Shamoozal Warrior

Russell Casse wrote:
If it was such a bad show, it wouldn't have won so many awards and be in the 5th season airing at prime time. OH!.

greys anatomy has won a bunch of awards, that doesnt make it a good show..i watch house and think it is decent, but your logic is flawed. the general public is a bunch of drooling idiots.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:07pm 
Shamoozal Legend

It looks like the 3D flying words man from Windows.

PostPosted: September, 17, 2008 - 10:19pm 
Purple Heart

IratePrimate wrote:
Russell Casse wrote:
If it was such a bad show, it wouldn't have won so many awards and be in the 5th season airing at prime time. OH!.

greys anatomy has won a bunch of awards, that doesnt make it a good show..i watch house and think it is decent, but your logic is flawed. the general public is a bunch of drooling idiots.

greys anatomy had one good show and it was when some dude blew up from a bomb haha it was awesome

PostPosted: September, 18, 2008 - 8:07am 
THE GENERAL

oh yeah did anyone notice the last scene in the episode?
Peter was singing so Walter would fall asleep. Then when Walter closed his eyes, it flashed to a scene of three dudes laying on hospital beds in some weird room. Then the episode ended. weeeeeeeeird.

PostPosted: September, 18, 2008 - 9:47am 
High School Bully

Yeah, wasn't Peter the guy in the middle?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 395 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next